PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Fine Scale Paper Modelers > FSPM Lounge

Old 05-10-2010, 12:12 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
IPMS forums group build...

They opened these up so non IPMS members can post as well. They are also trying something new that I think would be a great way to introduce ourselves

Basically we pick a topic and get lots of people posting build and final results pictures based around that topic all in the same thread.

Here are some thoughts

Flying Circus
Aces

I like these because I can provide models to anyone that wants to participate free of charge
Chris
Old 05-11-2010, 03:29 PM
Design Admin

OK - there are currently two group builds over at IPMS forums that we can join in and do builds for - you cannot post models you have already completed and you should also post a couple of progress pics of your build as you are working on it. You do not need to be overly detailed (unless you want to be.

You DO NOT need to be an IPMS member to join in this. The IPMS forums are now open to anyone that wants to participate. This will will help get us some visibility. I will likely start up a group build as well. Right now I am thinking Aces is an easy option that hits on lots of people interests around here.

Current two group builds:
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain - IPMS/USA Forums

Middle East Wars
Middle East Wars - IPMS/USA Forums

Thanks!
Chris
Old 05-11-2010, 03:33 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Hmm, I'm intrigued. I just happen to have a couple that fit the Middle East War category. And, I could nail 3 threads at once! I love multithreading! (Is that a word?)

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 05-11-2010, 03:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.26 MB
Hi Chris. Could you go into a little bit more detail mate as to what were expected to do here please. Being new to this I am not fully understanding this post. Are you saying we chose a model, build it and post it on IPMS forum?

Sorry mate. I am sure that this makes a lot of sense to the vets.

Thanks.

Jim
Old 05-11-2010, 03:43 PM
Design Admin

These group builds are actually just one intermingled thread of several people doing different builds at one time. Its something new they are trying. It will be a bit hard to follow I think.... but might have an interesting result.

If you have a model to build that fits one of those categories - go for it in the group build. If you have any other model you can post it in the appropriate genre section
Chris