PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects

Old 02-18-2012, 04:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Lightbulb Dragnoz Projects

Ok so i thought I'd show case soe of the things im working on.

the GODS of STEAM
This really started as a way to get back in the hobby but ideas kept stewing and brewing in my head till i eventually had a decent plot and storyline to tie in various models and paper figures.

GoS is an alternative history victorian steam punk world war game. The war inadvertently started out as a rivalry between Holmes and his arch nemesis Moriarty. The game picks up roughly 20 years after Holmes' death. The God Emperor Moriarty is about to launch a final global assault on the last remaining Sons of Holmes rebels. Meanwhile the grand daughter of Holmes, Rose, Is about to make a startling discovery that will tip the balance and stop the war for good.

Some images and concept sketches:

ANd then we have the scrawlers... still a lot of work needs to go into them to get them ready...

And then just something thats been kicking around in the background... I dont quite have a name for it yet but its kinna the same thing as GoS but space based with aliens....

Old 02-18-2012, 06:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Those scrawlers look cool!!
Old 02-18-2012, 07:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
Seeing your alien being depicted made me think: "Vaporous Villains", and then "Victorius Vapours" was the next thought for a title to the Vic-Sci-Fi series.

After all, the depicted being might not be villainous: it could well be and ally, and a much nastier being be the true villain, or demon of the piece.

Your illustrations show formidable talent, and your deft skills show well in the crawlwagons.

Kind and Respectful Regards, Uyraell.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:00 AM

Ah thanks guys :D means a lot. As i said in my introduction post, I love designing the models but really loathe building them. I still have some way to go before i can launch the crawlers.. Ill do my best to release the smaller one person crawler this week...

in the meantime I've been working on some concepts for a new set to boost the Shock troopers. I loved the movie “the rocketeer” and though what we really need is some flying shock troopers.. Ive started making some rough sketches and thought I’d show you the first concept.

Old 02-19-2012, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uyraell View Post
Seeing your alien being depicted made me think: "Vaporous Villains", and then "Victorius Vapours" was the next thought for a title to the Vic-Sci-Fi series.

After all, the depicted being might not be villainous: it could well be and ally, and a much nastier being be the true villain, or demon of the piece.
I havent quite made up my mind about her just yet, my thoughts were running along the lines of hive mind alien where each of the "tentacles" is an individual. The golden armour is a focusing point and transport system that houses the "Queen" of the colony.... Also i'm not sure shes evil as you pointed out... my feelings are that she one of the last colonies trying to adapt to the new era of "Speam"? hmm space + steam = Speam lol...
Old 02-19-2012, 09:18 AM

Old 02-20-2012, 05:04 PM

ok.. first figure of new set done...

Old 02-20-2012, 06:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
After the crawlers, I'd like to see some sort of steam coach/war wagon thing.

Your textures are phenomenal
Old 02-20-2012, 09:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 136.8 KB
Nice job!
Old 02-21-2012, 06:42 AM

hmm... I was planning on doing something arial like a blimp or maybe a train. But a nice reinforced steam wagon could be interesting...

Tags
figurine, models, steampunk, wargames