PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects

Old 08-15-2021, 07:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 56.40 MB
BEAUTIFUL Hiei, Doug!

I cannot describe how much cleaner and better your assembly/work is than mine, Doug.

Is that 1:1200 or larger?

Thank you for your interest in the model. Do you have your name on the bottom yet?

I've finalized Mogami ... pending test-building ... and the plan is only 3.5" high. This means 2 Mogamis 7" and 4" left for Tone. And 2 copies of the sheet gets all 6 ships of the classes.

Now to "finalize" Tone.
Old 08-15-2021, 08:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Hi Doug. I'm not surprised to see you turning up here.

It's good to see your model of Hiei.

Incidentally, Tami Biddle, the Doyenne of Strategic Bombing History, is retiring tomorrow. Sorry for the slight thread hijack, Lou, but couldn't resist checking in with an old friend and colleague.

Don
Old 08-15-2021, 08:10 PM

My first slot and tab. :-)

What? Is Doug War College too? (Conrad Crane and I are longtime acquaintances, Doug. I dropped out of the Academy after my first semester in early 1965.)

I'm finalizing a(nother of my free print-and-play board)game(s on CoatneyHistory) about 14th Cavalry Group and friends in the Losheim Gap 16-17 December 1944, by the way.

AND I've actually got a (single) tab and slot for anchoring Mogami's upper deck to the upper hull sides. This may be a first for me. Impressed?

I'm certain Wallis Rigby would be pleased.
(I've got his WW2 warships album ... not to be assembled, of course. North Carolina looks excellent. The carrier looks like KMS Graf Zeppelin, though, and the cruiser and destroyer are quite crude. The PT boat is cool though. )
Old 08-16-2021, 06:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 204.72 MB
My Hiei is 1:700, mainly because at some point I want to do Bruno’s USS Enterprise with a deckload of planes, and the OCD part of me wants both fleets the same scale. I am weird like that. Of course, maybe I should try to build a few simplified (probably even 2.5D) planes in both scales before I fully commit to 1/700.

My name is on the bottom already, I am mounting these on matte board bases, so I rewrote your name as the designer on the bottom as well of course, giving credit where it is due.

I had the great privilege of meeting Don over a decade after first seeing him here on the forums, and it was one of the great academic joys of my life. What a fun class!

As for Conrad Crane, while he would most likely not remember me I took his Generalship and the Art of Command class in the late 90s. Such a small world!

Doug
Old 08-17-2021, 03:53 PM

Tone & Mogami class final drafts done

I *have* finished the Japanese Tone and Mogami classes and have barely gotten 1 and 2 of each on the same page for 1:1200 models. 122K
First I test-build the PNG/JPG turrets for them, South Dakota, and Astoria/Wichita at much larger scale to make sure they assemble correctly.
Then the hulls.
Since I am doing this for the first time with graphic (not CAD) programs, I have (for example) left the hull sterns with marks at the bottom for the test-builds, to see by assembling exactly how long they should be.
Google Adsense

Tags
free downloads, simple ship model, wargames, warships, world war ii (ww ii)