PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects

Old 11-09-2021, 05:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 48.92 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to Dane
How Long Ago Did You Cut Off Your Fingers The Last Time?

Hello everyone!

As in any plant, a very important part of my Plant On The Desk (Plant OTD) is equipment and tools.
This is a whole big topic for conversation and discussion. They say that a good tool is half the battle.
I have conceived various equipment for my Plant. For interesting paper modeling, you need to have quite a lot of different devices in order to realize different interesting ideas.
However, I want to start with the simplest. I’ll start with a simple question: How long ago did you cut off your fingers the last time?
I am exaggerating, of course. But cutting off even the very tip of your finger is very unpleasant and annoying. This danger really exists because the modeler works a lot with a knife and a ruler. And this is where the danger lies. It is enough to put your fingers a little further on the ruler and you can cut yourself. This situation is especially likely at the end of the day, when you are tired and start to lose concentration.
So this happened to me. I cut off the tip of my finger. One millimeter. But, this was enough to get angry with himself and, then, come up with a simple device for the ruler to exclude such cases in the future. This device helps you to feel well the edge of the ruler, beyond which you should not place your fingers.
It’s very simple: I glued a strip of cardboard onto the ruler. It allows you to feel the ruler well with your fingers. And most importantly, it is convenient to work with a ruler and a knife, resting your fingers on this strip.
Now I won’t cut myself!
Attached Thumbnails
PSG-Modeler-how-long-ago-01.jpg   PSG-Modeler-how-long-ago-02.jpg   PSG-Modeler-how-long-ago-04.jpg  
Old 11-09-2021, 05:40 AM

French Longboat Of The 18th Century 04

The work on the model began by correcting the picture, which replaced the lines plan for me. These kinds of pictures need to be checked. The different plans may not match. Therefore, it is necessary to make the appropriate changes.
After correcting the picture of the longboat, it can be placed into the design program for the longboat hull. This program is FreeShip! It is very similar to Netherlandic software “Delft”, only much older. It allows you to create a correct model of the longboat hull, which is consistent in plans. As in other 3D modeling programs, a picture with a model’s hull can be inserted into the program as a background, which can then be used to model the hull. Here’s what happens at this work step. The first approximation of this case looked like this:

After working on the coordination of the points of the hull plating in three projections, the hull became closer to the original.

This picture shows the colored spots in the bow of the longboat hull. These are the remaining “bad” spots on the skin. But, they are already so small that they will be invisible on the finished model. They can be neglected.

And here is what happened on the projection of the body.
http://www.bnk.sobdelo.ru/wp-content.../webcomp05.jpg

After that I found the remaining errors, fixed them and got the final version of the hull.
http://www.bnk.sobdelo.ru/wp-content...09-840x480.jpg

The full version of the article is on my site.
Old 11-12-2021, 06:02 AM

Translation of the PSG-Modeler magazine

Hello everyone.
It remains to check the numbering of the parts and view the text again. I like what comes out. Hope you enjoy it too.
Attached Thumbnails
PSG-Modeler-140329w_longboat72-magazine-02-.jpg   PSG-Modeler-140329w_longboat72-magazine-02-b.jpg   PSG-Modeler-140329w_longboat72-magazine-02-c.jpg  
Old 11-13-2021, 06:55 AM

Kyushu J7W1 "Sinden" ("Majestic Lightning")

Hello everyone.

I posted a story about my Maly model japanese interceptor Kyushu J7W1 "Sinden" ("Majestic Lightning") on my site.

Many years ago I had assembled this unic airplane from Maly magazine. Maly was the only one at that time. Others there weren't.....
Attached Thumbnails
PSG-Modeler-kyushu-j7w-shinden-000.jpg   PSG-Modeler-kyushu-j7w-shinden-00a.jpg   PSG-Modeler-kyushu-j7w-shinden-02.jpg  
Old 11-13-2021, 08:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Many thanks for the information and translation of the instructions for the longboat. Fascinating information!

I think you made the most out of the old Mały J7W1. Your model looks great.

Don
Google Adsense
Old 11-13-2021, 10:24 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Thank you Dane for all these posts - I really enjoy going through your site and looking at the information there!
Old 11-13-2021, 10:56 AM

Thank you, Don and Kevin WS.
Your support helps me a lot.
Now I'm making the last check of the text. I hope I will publish the French longboat soon.
Old 11-13-2021, 10:19 PM

Location: Ripon, WI, 20 mi from Oshkosh - center of the Aviation Universe
Total Downloaded: 1.51 GB
This is fascinating, Dane. I have no desire to design paper models. I have too many hobbies already and too many kits awaiting attention. But it is fascinating to see the process of developing a kit like the longboat. And I would love to build it.

Thank you for taking to time to share the process with us.
Cheers,
--David
Old 11-14-2021, 10:30 AM

PSG-Modeler #3 2014 Is Ready To Download

Thank you, Sakrison.

Today, at last, I finished work on the English edition of my 18th century a French longboat. Looking at the magazine, I made in 2014, I found many flaws. I had partly to redesign the text and add illustrations to explain better the assembly process.
That is why I worked on this issue so long time.
Now you can download this PSG-Modeler 2014 #3 from my site.
I hope you like it.
Attached Thumbnails
PSG-Modeler-140329w_longboat72-magazine-02-p4.jpg  

Last edited by Dane; 11-14-2021 at 10:50 AM.
Old 11-15-2021, 05:49 AM

Copenhagen Ships Curves

Almost every paper modeler’s toolbox includes a steel ruler and a model knife. With these tools, it is easy to make straight cuts in paper and cardboard.
What if you want to cut a part with a curved edge? You will use scissors. And if these are the skin planks of an old ship?
The skin boards have long, curved contours and are very small in width. Cutting them out with scissors is not very convenient.
How to make ship curves for paper modeling I wrote on my site.
Attached Thumbnails
PSG-Modeler-copenhagen-ships-curves-03.jpg