PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Members Area > Gallery Announcements

Old 06-15-2009, 05:27 PM
cModerator

Total Downloaded: 37.66 MB
Send a message via AIM to cMags
cMags' Card Model Builds - (56k warning)

I like to keep a single thread with a pic or two of all of my builds, and links to the build logs as I make them. This way anyone (including myself) can have a single location to see all of my builds.

Unless someone asks for some specific details, I don't think I'll bother re-creating the build threads I had over on Zealot. I'll link to my photobucket albums so you can see the progress. Feel free to ask about details of a build, I can post up a thread if you like.

Here goes (give me a little bit to get these all posted):

All of these and additional pictures of the same can be found at my public photobucket site:
http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...gs/cardmodels/

Last edited by cMags; 06-15-2009 at 05:46 PM.
Google Adsense
Old 06-15-2009, 05:34 PM
cModerator

Some of my earlier models

Fiddler's Green Sopwith Camel - built this back in high school, almost a decade ago. No clue where it got to, but still have this one pic:

Farside rocket by Mike Hungerford - also built this one in high school - it survived to this day and is sitting on my shelf (comic says "It's time we faced reality my friends - we're not exactly rocket scientists"):

Flying Pig Zen automata:

2003 WRC Subaru Impreza:

Fiddler's Green UH-1 Huey:

Optimus Prime by paperrobots1999 (yes, he transforms):

Old 06-15-2009, 05:45 PM
cModerator

My first Star Trek models (almost)

Back when I was 6 or 7, I remember making some very basic scratch-built cardboard Trek ships - especially the Enterprise 1701 and 1701-D. Mostly flat sections but I filled the 1701-D's saucer with cotton to give it a bulge. Little did I know that I was stumbling onto a hobby I wouldn't discover had a following until nearly two decades later.

Even back in HS I couldn't find Trek models, but when I got back into this hobby again last year, BAM! A Plethora of models available, and its more than doubled since. Here are the three Enterprise models that got me back into this genre:

Shunichi Makino's NCC-1701-A:

Ninjatoes' NCC-1701-D:

Chippy's NCC-1701:
Old 06-15-2009, 05:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 53.69 MB
Nice variety of builds, any more?
Old 06-15-2009, 05:51 PM
cModerator

Battlestar Galactica (Ron Moore version)

I got into the new BSG series shortly after it came out, and later found Jaybats' Galactica model. I cut the size in half producing about a 6" model (some fiddly bits at this scale). She served proudly next to Jay's Viper model on my shelf for months:

Until one day I discover that she's fallen under attack from a giant space monster (my 1-y/o puppy) and is lost with all hands:

Google Adsense
Old 06-15-2009, 05:52 PM
cModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre View Post
Nice variety of builds, any more?
Oh there's plenty - hang on.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:54 PM
cModerator

Olli's B-17 and P-51 Diorama at 1:200

Since the BSG models previewed it, here they are again. This was a great model to build. Tiny, but very accurate. Taught me a great deal about edge-gluing (no tabs whatsoever in Olli's models), and I've used this technique in most of my builds since. (I really should get a new pic of these with a scale cube to show how tiny they are - maybe later tonight.)

Old 06-15-2009, 06:05 PM
cModerator

Canon's Chinese Dragon

Printed at 2 pages per sheet (original is 17 pages ) this came out at only a foot long. Incredible design, and the colors are amazing. I built this for my wife for Valentine's day and it remains the only model allowed to be displayed in the living room (everything else is exiled to the office ). This one was quite the adventure to build. I spent all week cutting, folding, and edge-coloring the parts, then it came down to Vday and I spent 6 hours straight feverishly assembling while my wife was at work. The glue wasn't even cured yet when I gave it to here lol. Talk about last minute!

Last edited by cMags; 06-15-2009 at 06:09 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:11 PM
cModerator

So what do you guys think so far? This covers pretty much all my builds prior to getting into the forum and starting full build logs. I've got full progress pics of almost a dozen more models waiting to go but my fingers need a break for a few.

A question about format here. Do you guys like seeing the pics full size in the thread, or would you rather thumbnails?
Old 06-15-2009, 06:39 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
Great builds - and great story. I like the variety and workmanship. You must be like me, it's all about the build - I've been doing mostly real space 'cause I have standing requests (still) to fill. But, like boatbuilding, I love to see the flat pieces flex and twist into something beautiful.

Yogi
Google Adsense