PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Members Area > Gallery Announcements

Old 07-04-2022, 03:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.03 MB
Centre Court, Wimbledon

Thwack! Thwok! Thwack! Thwok! What's that sound I hear? Of course, The Season's in full swing now. We've had Henley, we've had Royal Ascot, so this must be...

Thwock! Thwack! Wimbledon! Ah, stawberries and cream, Moet & Chandon, gladitorial spectacle, enormous queues for the toilets. Ace! Come on Andy! (Sorry, got a bit carried away there).

I've had this kit for ages, but have only recently felt inclined to give it a go. It came as a single sheet slightly larger than A3 containing parts, instructions and a couple of diagrams, and was designed and published by Peter Greenhill, Thingummies (Regd) Designs, Wimbledon, 1977. The model depicts the Centre Court as it was before it was refurbished and the retactable roof added. Although the model's roof is not retractable it is, as you can see, removeable. Et voila! Base mesures 14 x 13 cm. It was easy enough to build, but I made life difficult for myself by not paying stricter attention to the diagrams. Major dismantlng job; but all turned out fine in the end, I think.

Thwack! Thwock! Are they still at it? No, not really. They're just having a knockup before a mixed doubles match. The umpire's late on court.

Video, audio, results and other nice things here: https://www.wimbledon.com/
Attached Thumbnails
Centre Court, Wimbledon-dscf0042.jpg   Centre Court, Wimbledon-dscf0043.jpg   Centre Court, Wimbledon-dscf0045.jpg   Centre Court, Wimbledon-dscf0047.jpg   Centre Court, Wimbledon-dscf0049.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 07-04-2022, 03:19 PM
POTM Moderator

Total Downloaded: 18.36 MB
Thwack! Thwok! Thwack! Thwok! Thwack! Thwok! Boink! (that last one went into the net)
In full swing indeed. We yanks love it too.
Thanks for putting us into the mood.

Last edited by Michael Mash; 07-04-2022 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Spelling correction
Old 07-04-2022, 10:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 20.52 MB
You forgot about the sounds heee, haaa
Nicely done on the stadium
Old 07-05-2022, 09:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
One of the sound bites that may certainly not be left out is the one of John McEnroe yelling to the umpire "You can not be serious!"

Erik