PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Members Area > Gallery Announcements

Old 07-18-2022, 03:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.03 MB
St Iggi's Church, Krakow

The Church of St Iggi (St Giles) is to be found at the base of the Warwell Castle hill between the streets of Grodzka and Podzamcze, Krakow, and was built in the first half of the 14th century when King Casimir the Great was all the rage. Originaly it was run by the Benedictine order, then the Dominicans and then the Armenian Catholics. Don't know who runs it now. In the 19th century the church had become surrounded by other buildings but these have been gradually removed until only the one (a 17th century item), remains, serving as a kind of community hall. They hold services and, by appointment, confessions in English. There must be quite a few English-speaking folks in and around Krakow, then.

Like a lot of my unmade kits it was obtained a long time ago and has followed me around from home to home. As a consequence, it hadn't fared very well and became a bit crumpled and dog-eared in the process. Also the paper, not too good to begin with, had been deteriorating over time and so if it was ever going to be made it were best to do it now, before it became just a shower of fibres. And so we have it. The kit was published under the "buko" banner and appears to be No 1 in an "Architektura Krakow" series. I haven't come across any of the others as yet. Scale is 1:250 and the base measures 16 x 12 cm. approx. Despite my grumbles, I did enjoy seeing it slowly come together.

Link to the church: St. Giles’ Church – Dominikanie Krakow
Attached Thumbnails
St Iggi's Church, Krakow-dscf0009.jpg   St Iggi's Church, Krakow-dscf0010.jpg   St Iggi's Church, Krakow-dscf0011.jpg   St Iggi's Church, Krakow-dscf0012.jpg   St Iggi's Church, Krakow-dscf0013.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 07-18-2022, 05:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 78.28 MB
Philp,

Despite your concerns (dog-eared, etc), you've done a fine job and that is a pretty neat structure.
Old 07-19-2022, 09:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Very nicely done, sir. Has there ever been a paper model that had ZERO issues?

You pick interesting topics
Old 07-19-2022, 02:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 63.94 MB
Nicely made model!

BUKO - IEG ACALTA Sukiennice - 1/300 BUKO / 1/300 / ARCHITEKTURA / Modele kartonowe polish-made.com

I found the cloth hall in Crakow there are other sites that have the BUKO kits but they are sold out. I was thinking of buying it but I'd like to have a rating of the site first ;-)

Cheers
Mike
Old 07-20-2022, 02:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.03 MB
Thank you for your comments, folks. I think it would have come out a bit neater if it had been built years ago, before the paper had deteriorated, but you can't have it all your own way can you? There was no indication as to where the detail parts went so I put them where they looked the nicest.
Google Adsense