PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Gary Pilsworth's projects

Old 12-05-2010, 10:25 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
jupiter!!!!!!!!

well, i ran out of ink too.
i cant print this until monday,....but it was a great surprise to post that old rom and see your jupiter there gary!
it looks great and i cant wait and wont hesitate or exasperate cause yer the potentate of paper models, that fills our plate!!!!
now how about an tos enterprise or klingon d7?
haha
again, really looked forward to this, and it's a job well done.
jim
Old 01-15-2011, 01:59 PM
Banned

hey everyone-
someone mentioned the space pod and chariot for garys' jupiter 2, well if you use adobe reader for the ron cauldo space pod, and set the printing to
i think you have to change ''all pages '' over to ''booklet'', it will reduce the model by about 1/2 size and that is pretty close for that.
jim
Old 01-15-2011, 02:32 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Maybe somebody could due one of those Pepakura, Penny and Judy Anime' style models. As I get older June Lockhart looks pretty darn good too!! Forget about the guys!
Old 01-16-2011, 12:10 AM
Banned

how about ''the death of dr. smith'' the robot electricuting dr smith.
i could just here the audio chip//////////woooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
''you do not compute, you melted meloned maniacal menace!''.
jim
Old 01-18-2011, 11:18 AM
Banned

oh by the way, i was making a stand for the jupiter 2, instead of building the leg wells, [i dont oppost that but for this idea, you will need to cover them somehow],
i just made a circle in white on black cardboard, with the 3 little dots outside the ring, and glued down 3 entire leg units in proper stance, and then made a plank out to the shock absorber post top, so imagine the legs there in place, and then just set the jupiter 2 saucer on top, lining up the leg wells with the stand unit legs. so you can sit it there, in landed mode, or pick it up for flight mode, i use a clear plastic soda cup upside down for my flight modes on the ships.
jim
Google Adsense
Old 01-21-2011, 07:04 PM
Banned

you need to check ''all''
and then enter in the page #
and then change to ''booklet printing''
the space pod will print 1/2 size of file.
i will include my half size prints here of rons wonderful pod model, so you can minaturize it easier here, if permitted.
jim
Attached Thumbnails
Project48 Jupiter2-mini-space-pod-1.jpg   Project48 Jupiter2-mini-space-pod-2.jpg  
Old 01-22-2011, 09:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 12.28 MB
Hey, reducing the size of the Space Pod- that's a cool idea! Just remember though, that page 4 is intended to be printed on regular typing paper, not cardstock. So you will have to print the second image shown twice, once on cardstock, and once on typing paper. Thanks also for the compliments.

Best Regards,
Old 01-23-2011, 01:18 PM
Banned

omg you talked to me!!!!!!!!
dont you know that you are my hero???
when i couldnt find the plastic enterprise to build your paper model was the first one i tried!
ever since then i have been building pms.....
page four is the landing struts right?i can see that, i usually just used metal pins for that interior strut, but i know paper purists wont put up with that @#$@#.
so i will try the paper , my skills have improved over time, at least i have hope now.
i half sized the lis robot and im going to make the ufo tv series stuff half size too. they still look good and its easier on the shelf space.
i just got back from a surf shop up here i didnt know existed, [used to surf everyday for years, ,living in my parents carport by the beach], that has ancient boards, and likea board from the 40's , redwood hollow box type that you steer by dragging your foot in the wave. and now they have magnet pads so you can totally jump in the air and land it!!!
a juice bar and health food samwich deli with hot surfer chicks serving...all kinds of neat stuff for sk8ing. it was really cool . i might make a duke surf board [the hawaii duder that brought surfing to california], paper model, redwood box type, so people can actually experience in miniature, the building of those surfboards. got a wave pm on the desk, havent got around to scanning it in yet.
thanks for the reply!!!
really like all your models, soon to do the tos bridge.
jim
Old 01-23-2011, 09:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 12.28 MB
Hi Spaceagent,
Consider starting a new thread for the Space Pod, we can chat more if you like. I appreciate your comments on the Pod, but I don't want to have this thread hijacked. I appreciate the wonderful models that Gary designs and this Jupiter 2 is very appreciated.

I'm just an ordinary guy like you who appreciates comments (both good and bad). It is you guys who build our models that keeps us designing more.

Keep it up Gary!

Best Regards,