PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Gary Pilsworth's projects

Old 01-04-2017, 04:51 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 103.02 MB
Nice but not original Piper. The simplest one is perhaps the 1956 model. Here are two photos of the exact livery of that year. It is very colourful and it was also offered in blue and green
Attached Thumbnails
Name this bird-2250163.jpg   Name this bird-2067347.jpg  
Old 01-05-2017, 01:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.74 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edubarca View Post
Nice but not original Piper. The simplest one is perhaps the 1956 model. Here are two photos of the exact livery of that year. It is very colourful and it was also offered in blue and green
Ok how about this one
Name this bird-capture6.jpg

Red my favourite colour lol
Old 01-05-2017, 07:38 AM
Banned

THAT'S IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's the 1956 livery. accurate and official Piper livery. I also love red. Most all of my radio control models are red. I'm sure fellow modelers here who are eagerly awaiting this gem are happy with this livery.
Old 01-05-2017, 08:39 AM

Location: No longer living in NYC. Mooresville, NC is my home now.
Total Downloaded: 2.51 GB
Indeed, red is a great color for that aircraft. It's got my vote!!!
Old 01-05-2017, 01:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 683.22 MB
How many Tri-Pacers

Wonderful work on the Tri-Pacer. Red is also my favorite, next to yellow/orange . Maybe if you would upload a b&w outline file along with the Red/White, we could see how many models of actual Tri-Pacers can be repainted and built by our loyal fanatics. Picture of repainted built model along with a picture of the real one posted to a Tri-Pacer Repaint thread. Not a contest, just fun .

Regards,
John
Google Adsense
Old 01-05-2017, 01:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukonjohn View Post
Wonderful work on the Tri-Pacer. Red is also my favorite, next to yellow/orange . Maybe if you would upload a b&w outline file along with the Red/White, we could see how many models of actual Tri-Pacers can be repainted and built by our loyal fanatics. Picture of repainted built model along with a picture of the real one posted to a Tri-Pacer Repaint thread. Not a contest, just fun .

Regards,
John
Hi John, Nice idea. However, it is not necessary to have a blank model. It is easy with software to change colours on the same livery. However, if livery is changed, it is another story. As stated before, Piper had a different colour scheme for each production year which was used on all their models including the Apache, Comanche, Super Cub, Pawnee and Tri-Pacer. I am mentioning only the models made by Piper aircraft when the Tri-Pacer was manufactured from 1950 through 1960 and Colt up to 1964.

Can't wait to make my Tri-Pacer. I'll stop everything else I'm doing now to build this beautiful gem. Thanks Gary for satisfying your friends' wishes.

Regards,
EDUARDO
Old 01-05-2017, 02:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 683.22 MB
Quote:
Hi John, Nice idea. However, it is not necessary to have a blank model. It is easy with software to change colours on the same livery. However, if livery is changed, it is another story.
Regards,
EDUARDO
Hi Eduardo. For my basic repainting skills (and lack of time), it is easier for me to also have a b&w to import. And, I indeed have some non-standard, but real plane, liveries I would like to do .

John
Old 01-05-2017, 03:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukonjohn View Post
Hi Eduardo. For my basic repainting skills (and lack of time), it is easier for me to also have a b&w to import. And, I indeed have some non-standard, but real plane, liveries I would like to do .

John
Quite reasonable and yes, there are other beautiful schemes. I got plenty from airliners.net. The point is that I personally like to stick to original Piper painting designs, but that is personal.
Old 01-05-2017, 09:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.75 GB
Quote:
The Tri-Pacer was also, as I'm sure you know, an improvement of the tail wheel Pacer.
Some of us tail-wheel pilots might dispute the improvement part of that!
Old 01-06-2017, 07:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanShort1 View Post
Some of us tail-wheel pilots might dispute the improvement part of that!
Yes, no doubt but when my father owned a Tri-Pacer which he flew all the way from Lock Haven to Bogotá, Bill Piper told him personally that the Tri-Pacer was introduced to facilitate take off and landing since the Pacer was trickier to handle. It is a matter of eternal discussion. That I understand. One thing is sure, Radio control Tri-Pacers are MUCH easier to take off and land than Pacers. Cessna also converted the 170 to the 172 and the 180 to the 182, later Skyhawk and Skylane respectively. Nice conversation subject!!!
Google Adsense