PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Sci-Fi Game Development > General game discussion

Old 06-24-2021, 05:35 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Yeah a spammer hacked an account

Odd. 22 posts but only 2 started by him - his intro and this one. Intro is in English (he indicates he's from Australia), and this one in Spanish. I wonder if he's been hacked?
Google Adsense
Old 06-24-2021, 05:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.42 GB
I think a hacking would be most likely, I think there was actually another post before this one which was removed. I really hope his private information was not abused... Please delete this one as well. Thanks!!
Old 06-24-2021, 05:46 AM

ooh, now I see that I started this thread, LOL. Admin, we need to get rid of this thing before it spreads further. I visited his stats page which probably moved the hack to me. Whatever you do, don't go to my forum info page until this is resolved.
Old 06-24-2021, 06:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 171.54 MB
No need to worry about visiting the stats page. Likely it was the result of an email address that had a compromised password and they didn't change this forum password if it was the same as compromised password.

This would be a very good time to change ones password for the forums, especially if the password used here is the same being used on other website accounts.

Check this website if your email or passwords have been compromised:

haveibeenpwned

My email address has been compromised 4 times already according to the search results of that website.
Old 06-24-2021, 07:24 AM

I've been pwned!! Thanks for sharing that link, it says my Microsoft mail was compromised even though I changed to a really strong PW recently.
Old 06-24-2021, 07:27 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Just as a refresher, on how to report a post, spam or otherwise.

Click on the traffic sign icon in the top right corner of each post.
A new window will show, and you will be able to report what is going on, and the forum admin team will get an email and can respond appropriately.

Rick
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 06-24-2021, 07:50 AM

Thanks Rick. Report sent
Old 06-24-2021, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N96HBK View Post
I've been pwned!! Thanks for sharing that link, it says my Microsoft mail was compromised even though I changed to a really strong PW recently.
Just to clarify, that website is not telling you if your email account has been compromised. It is telling you that wherever you used that email as an account user name or account email, and that website ended up being attacked, that the email and associated password for that specific website is now compromised. So if you use the same email and password on other websites, to go ahead and change the passwords.

I think what happened to Orpheusrocker is that the email and password was compromised, hacker found this website as an account and likely reset the password because they had access to the email account. Hope I'm wrong, but that's the only thing I can think of because the forums use user name to sign in, not emails.
Old 06-24-2021, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Turner View Post
Just to clarify, that website is not telling you if your email account has been compromised. It is telling you that wherever you used that email as an account user name or account email, and that website ended up being attacked, that the email and associated password for that specific website is now compromised. So if you use the same email and password on other websites, to go ahead and change the passwords.
Thank you for the explanation. I guess thats why companies promote those password software to keep track of all those different passwords!
Old 06-24-2021, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N96HBK View Post
Thank you for the explanation. I guess thats why companies promote those password software to keep track of all those different passwords!
Yes indeed. I personally use the free version of Bitwarden that is a zero knowledge software.
Google Adsense