PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Help Desk > Hardware

Old 01-02-2011, 02:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 517.40 MB
It's true, leaving the printer on does help and so does the routine that you print something every other day - a low resolution 4 color work will do and save your ink too.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 210.47 MB
My Apologies to Robert and all for changing the direction of this thread but there is a lot of experience here that I would like to tap into.

My comment on HP, when HP shipped the production to the lowest cost supplier over seas the quality dropped considerably.

I presently have a HP Photosmart 7660C and a scan jet 4400C both are over 7 years old and have given me very good service. But having just upgraded to Win 7 Pro I found that neither of these units are fully supported in Win 7. So I have been shopping for a new printer and have decided that the Epson Artisan 835 looks like a good choice for an all in one printer and the price has come down to around $180 at Best buy.

my questions are has anyone had any experience with this series printer? (800.810.830,835) and what is the general opinion on all in one printers. My main issue is that I use Adobe CS2 creative suite and the print outs and scans never match up to the original model. I use the Adobe RBG drivers with the 7660 which is supposed to get you close on the colors but no luck there.

Lastly once I get a new printer the 7660 and the scanner are up for grabs no shipping just contact me via PM for local pickup. Both are in great shape but needs ink.

Jim Nunn
Old 01-02-2011, 06:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to treadhead1952
My 2 cents worth, Epson all the way. My CX 7400 swallows all the 110 pound card stock I can throw it's way. Since I went up to the #68 Cartridges which hold more than the #69's, it seems to print a lot more. After experimenting about with the color settings a bit, it is pretty much spot on for most of my printing needs.

The last HP printer I had sorta went the way that the "target" model one did for Lancer. I just used my .58 caliber muzzle loader, 12 Gauge Remington 870 Pump Shotgun with 00 Buck 3" Magnums, and a few .50 Cal Browning MG Rounds out of my home brew single shot bolt action. I must admit that I used many less rounds but then size does make up for things in the bullet world. Heheheheh
Old 01-02-2011, 06:56 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Nunn View Post
My Apologies to Robert and all for changing the direction of this thread but there is a lot of experience here that I would like to tap into.

My comment on HP, when HP shipped the production to the lowest cost supplier over seas the quality dropped considerably.

I presently have a HP Photosmart 7660C and a scan jet 4400C both are over 7 years old and have given me very good service. But having just upgraded to Win 7 Pro I found that neither of these units are fully supported in Win 7. So I have been shopping for a new printer and have decided that the Epson Artisan 835 looks like a good choice for an all in one printer and the price has come down to around $180 at Best buy.

my questions are has anyone had any experience with this series printer? (800.810.830,835) and what is the general opinion on all in one printers. My main issue is that I use Adobe CS2 creative suite and the print outs and scans never match up to the original model. I use the Adobe RBG drivers with the 7660 which is supposed to get you close on the colors but no luck there.

Lastly once I get a new printer the 7660 and the scanner are up for grabs no shipping just contact me via PM for local pickup. Both are in great shape but needs ink.

Jim Nunn
Have a look on the computer shopper magazine site they give very good advice on printers among other things and print lots of different things to check them out. from photos for professionals and graphic designers. Thats the magazine that i followed when i was looking for six years ago for a printer and said Epsom back them.

no one noticed my telesales for HP skit didn't take me that long to think of that conversation, I worked for a two weeks in telesales and sold three insurance policies. I still to this day tell pals of my experience of having a diplomat from the Iranian embassy give out to me. come to think of it that was the day they told me that they were not going to keep me on.

Last edited by doctormax; 01-02-2011 at 07:06 PM.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
Jim, check out the Epson workforce 600 or 610 if you want an all-in-one. There have been some really great deals on Ebay on them....I got a brandy-new 600 for $60 including the shipping, and very reasonably priced CIS systems are available for the Epsons. I've been totally happy with mine.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 55.12 MB
Smile Thanks to all you guys...

... you've really cheered me up. My wife Diana explained that she had only paid $40 for the printer (Black Friday deal somewhere last year) so I've decided to refrain from shipping it back to HP as a customer satisfaction feedback for economic reasons. Instead, I am looking at the Epson 1400, which is apparently an 1100 with four (5?) color carts vice the three, so photo printing can be very nice even with larger print formats. Printing out some pix for the walls would also make my wife happy. With a CISS, I should be able to come in under $300 and have a good, solid system to rely upon.

My comment about the straight through feed was about the problem the HP was having in 'pulling' 4x6 photo paper to the 'start' point but no further, then printing away with no paper under the heads, then ejecting the unprinted sheet, streaked on the backside from the 'inked' rollers. How stupid is that! Whoa, I must be careful don't want to flashback... Anyway, great response to the thread, and Ron, I thoroughly enjoyed your video - gave me some ideas for my Mossberg pump! Zathros, I used your print head cleaning technique to get an old Epson 1200 back on it's feet, though it's still not fully funcional, it will allow for 'draft' quality printing, so it will carry us until I get a new printer.

Now all I need is a decent scanner...
Nobi Junkers SRF BETA build - BETA Build: Nobi's Junkers SRF 1:48 scale
Old 01-03-2011, 03:18 PM
Eternal Member

Robert,
I believe the 1400 would be an excellent choice. The extra cartridge slot
is probably an extra yellow cartridge which I find depletes as fast as the
black cartridges. In the 1100 there are 2 black cartridges and 1 each of
red, blue and yellow. I have nothing but praise for the 1100 and the
1400 is an updated improved model. Hope this helps....Ron
Old 01-03-2011, 03:24 PM
Eternal Member

Robert,
As to your scanner needs you may want to consider the Mustek A3
large format scanner. This is the model that both Billy and I have.
You can find them on EBay for reasonable prices.....Ron
Old 01-03-2011, 03:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 55.12 MB
Appreciate the advice, Ron. I'm surfing eBay as we speak...
Nobi Junkers SRF BETA build - BETA Build: Nobi's Junkers SRF 1:48 scale
Old 01-03-2011, 05:52 PM
POTW Editor

Total Downloaded: 76.82 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer525 View Post
I too had an HP.

After it exceeded my patience one too many times, this is what I did to it:

Outch.. that Hurds....
Google Adsense