PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Help Desk > Hardware

Old 01-12-2011, 01:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 59.73 MB
I hope you guys are right. I just ordered a refurbished Epson Artisan . I'm tired of fighting the HP to get it to print. I also just found some two year old HP ink prints that have noticeably faded.
My experience with Epson in the past was not so hot. Expensive ink, and cartridges that shut down very prematurely. I even got an unsolicited letter from Epson attorneys offering me twenty five dollars not to sue them, once.
Salvage the glass scanner top from your HP, it makes a good reference plate.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 83.30 MB
just bought a Kodak esp 7 works just fine ink is cheap and seems to last longer was a little bit complicated to use but once you get the hang of it it works just fine.
regards matt
Old 01-16-2011, 04:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
I got epson as well.
Trouble with them is that when you buy genuine epson ink it eats money when you need to clean the heads or replace a cartridge, because it spurts ink out of all the cartridges and not just the one you replace or the one that's clogged.
The price of genuine inks is the problem, if you turn off an epson and turn it on a week later, it knows, so it cleans everything, costing you way more money than it should just to print a single page. You end up leaving your printer on permanently which is what clogs your print head, which you need to clean, which costs money.
Only buy epson if your going to buy the cheap replacement cartridges and a chip resetter, truth is they don't produce photo quality images like genuine cartridges but they will produce very high quality images, if you want photos printing, go to the photo printing shop, let them worry about the cost of ink.

Turn your HP all-in-one into a light box and the internals into a 3D scanner.
Old 06-19-2011, 12:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
I've been using HP for 5 years now but it doesn't get me any problem at all. And the ink cartridges I use on them is I buy it online.It save me a lot.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 59.73 MB
What caused me to jettison the Epson was the ink. My model began to fad badly after two years. This was the deal killer. A model I printed right after I got the machine and put away in a file folder had all but vanished and the blacks had become sepia. The Artisan ink is archival rated for 50 years and apparently water proof. Time will tell.
Google Adsense
Old 06-20-2011, 10:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 9.39 MB
Lexmark or Canon...

I used Lexmark for years because of the straight feed through and only switched to Canon when my poor old all in one finally bit the dust.

So far, I'm happy and the ink is cheap!