PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Help Desk > Hardware

Old 03-09-2011, 05:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.26 MB
Smile CISS Colour Question Please

Hi Gang.

There are a few threads relating to the CISS sytems and it is great to see so many of you using them. My question is regarding the colour output. For those that have read my other thread you will know that I have eventually got a CISS system that I am playing around with. I printed about a dozen test sheets of the walls of The Phantom Manor and they are decidedly green/blue instead of brown. Yes I have done all the print tests and all the colours look great. Using the same paper too but when the colours mix the browns seem a lot off colour. I did some sample prints on the Gee Bee and looks sweet. Lots of red with some blue. Looks very true to the pdf sheet.

I have no idea what to adjust or how to go about correcting the colour output on my HP 309a. I have found all the adjustments but it is trial and error. I print out from Adobe Acrobat as normal but it is becoming a long process to get the colours to match (even close) as before.

I understand there will be a difference as it is not HP ink but the difference is very noticably different and not even close at the dark end of the scale. Any thoughts or hints or tips please.

Sour Pusses stay away. Humour and good will only accepted. As is changing the topic, telling jokes and so on. I don't want any of Dave's darn monkeys in this thread thank you very much. Anyone want to talk about bacon.

I have a feeling that you are going to tell me that the ink should match up already without any correction but thought I would ask the veterans who have had their systems a while.

Take care troops.

Cheers
Jim
Google Adsense
Old 03-09-2011, 05:47 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Don't know about H.P., Goldenbear is the expert. I know EPSON has a Vivid Mode which seems to be the setting necessary to get good prints. Also inside of Adobe there are references. I think you have to do trial and error. There is a company that sells CISS refills and the ink they sell comes from Germany and is ISO. certified and the prices are reasonable. You might just want to go through this stuff, or get a new batch of ink, and do the trial and error with what you plan to use all the time. It would suck having to go through that all the time, though you will undoubtedly become a pro at it in short order. I'll post the link when I get to my other computer if you have not found it by then. Glad you got it going.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 587.2 KB
Jim,
Try different paper. Check my P-40 and P-38. Both have the same color on the sheets, both were printed on the same printer and with same inks. P-40 came out green/light blue instead of olive drab/neutral gray and P-38 came out exactly as it should.
P-40 was printed on Epson matte photo paper and P-38 was printed on Canon matte photo paper.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
Trying different printer color profiles can also improve the output. My HP 3100 default profile is a match to my LCD Display colors. This did not work out very well. It was too blue when printing grays and light blacks which affects all the other colors.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:13 AM

Hmm! Wonder why I never thought of these simple suggestions. But like many things that are simple - how many times have we all gone duh!. lol

Thanks everyone for your workarounds and I will give them a go tonight.

Cheers
Jim
Google Adsense
Old 03-10-2011, 07:52 AM

Jim I feel like I should send you money or something for all the mis-steps you are saving me lately <grin>.

Dale
Old 03-10-2011, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hawley View Post
Jim I feel like I should send you money or something for all the mis-steps you are saving me lately <grin>.

Dale
I only accept money in $100.00 amounts or multiples thereof. lol
A nice round thousand sounds good to me mate. <laughing>

Take care and hope your day is going well.

Cheers
Jim
Old 03-10-2011, 11:29 AM

Quote:
A nice round thousand sounds good to me mate.
Well...let me get the CISS set up and calibrated and I'll print ya out some <GRIN>.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:51 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hawley View Post
Well...let me get the CISS set up and calibrated and I'll print ya out some <GRIN>.
Make sure you get the colour right please. Hey I just thought. Just convert them to pdf files and email them to me. Sounds like a plan.

Cheers
Jim
Old 03-10-2011, 04:26 PM

Gamma setting if it has one, mine was on 1.8 for genuine inks, had to go to 2.2 for replacement inks. Replacement inks just printed dark or dull colours, got alot of green in the black areas.

I like bacon ..... and turtles.
Google Adsense