PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Help Desk > Hardware

Old 04-15-2011, 09:30 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rixtoys View Post
Thanks to all of you. I ordered the Epson Artisan 835 from Epson for 169 and free shipping. So now to wait for it to get here. !!

Man, that's a much better deal!
Old 04-15-2011, 11:21 AM

wow. i use an Epson TX111, comes with a Scanner and CISS compatible, and supports pigment inks (no smudge, kinda like laser). I paid roughly 90 USD for it, including the CISS and inks (tho i use dye, for price reasons)...
it does not have the fancy display stuff, and only 4 colors, though i'd never need that anyway, and its half the price lol

Alright, just be careful with that thing, epson printers tend to be unstable. Slight drops tend to mess up the internal gears, and Epson wont give you guarantee with a CISS
Old 04-15-2011, 11:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ven1x View Post
wow. i use an Epson TX111, comes with a Scanner and CISS compatible, and supports pigment inks (no smudge, kinda like laser). I paid roughly 90 USD for it, including the CISS and inks (tho i use dye, for price reasons)...
it does not have the fancy display stuff, and only 4 colors, though i'd never need that anyway, and its half the price lol

Alright, just be careful with that thing, epson printers tend to be unstable. Slight drops tend to mess up the internal gears, and Epson wont give you guarantee with a CISS

The EPSON 1100 is a wide format 13" x 19" printer, yours does A4 max. That's the difference. Any printer you drop, or anything with gears for that matter can mess up the timing. It isn't good to drop fine machinery. ("fine" being an arbitrary and subjective term).
Old 04-16-2011, 10:52 PM

O.o ok. we dont even have that sort of paper here i guess...the maximum size is 8.5x14 in (legal), and my printer still does it. other stuff would be just A-sizes, like A3. but i dont rly see the use of using A3 for paper modeling.

And my point is, although you shouldnt drop any fine machinery, epson printers are particularly sensitive. I used to work in sales and service for printers, and e.g. Canon printers usually take a lot more abuse without failing
Old 04-21-2011, 10:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.41 MB
Just ordered a Epson 1100 from Amazon for $129.00. Bought it mainly on the reviews given here! Real world experience!!!! Please Lord, watch over those Neanderthal UPS folks so they not drop thy wonderful new toy!!!! Amen!!!!
Google Adsense
Old 04-22-2011, 09:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 36.10 MB
Mike now that is funny.... Mine was delivered by the Cromagnon's of Fed X . When my box got here it was dented, but nothing damaged. Looked like they kicked it onto the truck.
I set mine up and OWOW it works nice. It's good looking also. For the first time I went wireless. So far only printed one sheet on 90lb stock. looks good.
Old 04-22-2011, 06:04 PM
Banned

I just got my Epson Workforce 1100. I found paper at Staples online 100 sheets for $37.99 (27 lb, going to have to laminate) with free delivery to their store. I know there must be a better deal someplace. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 04-22-2011, 08:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 110.00 MB
@Zathros - I bought 67lb cover stock 11x17 (100 sheets)at a Staples store for about $12.00. It is a little "rough" so it will absorb a bit more ink than a more smother finish card stock.
Also try an Office Depot store, sometimes they have a larger selection of large size cover stock. Fry's stores have EPSON 13X19 papers.
I think i saw in another thread Border&Riley #234 Paris paper 14x17 at Blick art supply ( don't know the weight tho)
Old 04-23-2011, 12:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 314.41 MB
Wallyworld/Chinamart...has the 100 lb 8X11 for $5.99. I believe 100 sheet count. Im going to need a source for 11 x 17 and larger as well. We have all kinds of office supply places around here it seems! The only Michaels crafts closed up last year though. My favorite glue and tool source!
Old 04-23-2011, 08:34 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Staples is the only chain store that I know of, that carries 11x17 in stock in the stores

it is made by Hammermill, good stuff, I still have some left, might use that up before i switch to the Borden & Riley 11x14 stuff
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Google Adsense