PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Help Desk > Hardware

Old 05-14-2011, 12:08 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Inkproducts.com

The following is will be my experience with the "Ink Refill Station" that I ordered from ink refill kit, continuous ink supply system, cis ink, refillable cartridges, epson refillable cartridges, hp refillable cartridges, canon refillable cartridges, canon chip resetter . I ordered a package from them and proceeded to order extra ink, the total price was about $113.00 dollars there were no shipping or handing charges. shipping and handling ( I am officially married to this choice).

They really ship you a lot of stuff. Included in this was a kit and solution for cleaning the nozzles, a syringe and other various tips are supplied. As my printer is new, I won't be using that and the process for cleaning the heads will be covered when it becomes necessary.

As you can see from the pic, there is a substantial amount of ink for the money. The smaller bottle is supposed to be 2 oz. It is 3" inches x 1 3/8" and seems a lot more than 4 oz. The bigger bottles is 4 oz. it measures 4" x 1 5/8" and again seems like more than 4 oz. (120 ml and 60 ml respectively).

The cartridges come pre-filled, both sets, on top of that. So, it this works out, it is a deal that "can't be beat" ( not in absolute terms, but as a idiomatic expression).

The mechanical installation is the same as O.E.M.. I noticed the usual "Not using Original Epson ink will get you the death penalty" notice, but here is where things got, "weird". The supposed charging cycle took place, EPSON's dialogue box came up and said the "Cartridges are incompatible with this printer and the dialogue box went grey. I shut the printer down, went through the "process" again but I did not remove any of the cartridges. The software then did a "real" charging sequence, which takes around 45 seconds (give or take) and "presto magico" the cartridges are fine, all levels are showing full. I printed a picture and it seemed fine to me. I will be sending a friend of mine some copies to do a comparison between the O.E.M. ink and the Inkproducts.com.

Inkproducts.com gets their ink from Cabot Industries, who in turn get their ink from Dupont. Cabot is one of the major suppliers of ink for the industry. It is important to note that I am using PIGMENT INK. You must specify this when you place your order with InkProducts.com. You do this in the comment box. They called me (yes, you can actually speak to them to HUMANS, they are always there, they are really nice and accessible), as I put my phone number and specified PIGMENT INK. They made the "Ink Refill" station up for Pigment Ink. Excellent service, the best I have had or seen in years.

I went for Pigment Dye because that is what Epson uses in their printers. I think you should stick with the ink the printer heads are designed for. This "concept" is one I have gleaned and has been recommended by some people (one in particular) that i have very much respect for. So, I wold recommend using what your printer was designed for, Inkproducts.com, can tell you this, or it is easy enough to Google and find out. I think getting into Thermal and Piezo print head electric differences are beyond the scope of this thread. Ultimately, you do whatever you want to.

So far, I am happy with this. I did Print out Allen Tam's "Savoia" using the original Epson ink as I was chicken and wanted to use up the cartridges before my wife did. When you are married a long time, these little competitions, well, I digress.

I am going to mail the comparison prints to my friend and will post the findings of his professional eye. I will adjust mine accordingly.

The Ink used in this kit is High Definition UV Pigment Ink.

Printer: Epson WorkForce 100 (Brand new)

"Ink Refill Station" w/Refill:

4 oz. (120 ml), 1 ea. of: Black

2 oz. (60 ml), 2 Magenta, 2 Black, 2 Cyan, 2 Yellow,

10 Ink Cartridges, 4 Black, 2 Cyan, 2 Magenta, 2 Yellow, respectively.

1 cleaning kit.

2 sets of ink cartridges so you can replace one with a full one and fill the other at your convenience. The cartridges, both sets, come pre-filled!!

10 cartridges from Epson are almost the price of the whole "Refill Station"! (Epson T068 = $38.32 from Amazon, 1Cyan,Magenta,Yellow).

14 Cartridges from LDProducts.com are $69.86 and that does not include shipping and handling (from Amazon, LDProducts has free shipping over $50 dollars if you order directly from them) but still does not include cleaning kit and all the refill bottles.

Some of what I have posted is opinion, some, feeble attempts at humor. This is just my experience and I do not mean to denigrate or put any one down.

If this all works out, I think that this is one of the most economical ways to get a high quality, maybe, hopefully, as good as the O.E.M. specifications. I did not go the C.I.S.S. route because I did not want another system to maintain. That route may offer even greater savings, I don't know though, the refills bottles are the same for each. I don't have room for all the tubes as the EPSON 1100 is so big, I can no longer sleep in my house.

zathros

P.S. The Picture of the U.A.V. was a small fuzzy picture to begin with. I am surprised it printed that well. It was a 61.9 kb. picture stretched to fit on 8.5" x 11" plain paper.
Attached Thumbnails
Inkproducts.com-pic-ink.jpg   Inkproducts.com-plane.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 05-14-2011, 11:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.41 MB
Thank you Zath....well written!
Old 05-14-2011, 11:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 233.25 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to Inky
WOW!!! I am going to have to order from them. I pay almost $40.00 for color and black ink. With this I can spend $49.95 and refill ten times, that will save me a lot of money. Only bad thing is, they only carry refills for one of my printers and not the other.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inky View Post
WOW!!! I am going to have to order from them. I pay almost $40.00 for color and black ink. With this I can spend $49.95 and refill ten times, that will save me a lot of money. Only bad thing is, they only carry refills for one of my printers and not the other.

I would recommend calling them (if you haven't). They may have alternatives that are not on the website. I would also recommend that you tell them you have been referred by Paper Modelers. Maybe with enough people we can work something up with them, you never know!
Old 05-15-2011, 12:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 233.25 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to Inky
Thanks Zathros for the tip, I will do that and also mention Paper Modelers.
Google Adsense
Old 05-16-2011, 08:05 AM
Banned

Some comparison photos. Photo named "Comp 1" shows both prints with Epson O.E.M. on left, Inproducts.com on the Right. The next photos are Epson on Left, InkProducts.com on Right for first set, Second set, Epson on Left, Inkproducts.com on Right.

To me, holding them in my hand and looking at the. I have to admit I am of the opinion that the Inkproducts.com print just looks better. The Inkproducts.com colors look a little bolder. I honestly expected the Epson to look better and the InkProducts.com to be acceptable. I am very surprised at this outcome. I will be mailing these prints to a friend to give me his honest very well trained eye. I think the Red looks much better. The Epson Red seems a to be a little more Orange by comparison. The Blues are better, actually, all the colors and shades on the InkProducts.com print seem more defined and deeper in saturation than the Epson. I am surprised by this. More to come, it may take a week or so till I hear back from my expert friend.

I know that is is nearly impossible to tell from photos and the size limitation prevent larger pictures. Even then, monitor settings and difference in video cards would all play into it. So one can only take it for what it is. I am happy with this selection. I did not make the product so if it didn't work, or I was unhappy with it's performance, I would let the world know,as that is the best revenge. This ink looks great and in my humble opinion, even better, than the O.E.M. Epson. I highly recommend this product. I think it is better than the LDProducts Ink I have used in the past. I settled for LDProducts because the price of was so much cheaper, but now, for even less money, I seem to have a superior product. It may well be that I find out that I am technically wrong. This may surely be the case. I used to tune up TV's and people would get very mad because after years of watching their TV one way, they did not like it set up by the "standard" of the industry. i will post the final outcome.
Attached Thumbnails
Inkproducts.com-comp1.jpg   Inkproducts.com-ep1.jpg   Inkproducts.com-inkpro1.jpg   Inkproducts.com-ep2.jpg   Inkproducts.com-inkpro2.jpg  

Old 05-16-2011, 08:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.27 GB
I'll be interested to know what paper brand you used to perform the tests. Some react differently than others. If possible, could you also do a comparo with a model kit?
Old 05-16-2011, 09:30 AM
Banned

For the above picture set I used recycled paper from Staples, "Printworks Multipurpose Paper". I always use recycled papers for my models. If I use a paper that has some kind of different reaction, I usually stay away from that. The Workforce 1100 is not really a printer for photos. you can print photos, but there are better printers made for that. I have attached a picture from Allen Tam's "Savoia". The paper used was "Epson Presentation Paper, Matte Finish". It is 13" X 19" dimensionally. This is the best I could with my Canon Elph camera. You can see here that the colors are virtually identical. I would have no trouble interchanging parts from either print. Kind of strange, on the pictures in my first post, the pictures seemed to have a difference. On printing this parts page, they seem exactly the same. There is always a human factor when looking at things like this, and I am only human. You tell me which picture is which. I can't tell from the photos, and holding them in my hands, only because i know where I put each one down. (left picture is InkProducts.com).
Attached Thumbnails
Inkproducts.com-sav6-002.jpg  
Old 05-16-2011, 09:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.27 GB
Funny, the right one looks to have a brighter red, particularly the upper third, but the paper also seems whiter. Perhaps there was some shadowing when you took the picture?
Old 05-16-2011, 10:14 AM
Banned

No, you have a real good eye and an I made a mistake!! The one on the right is the InkProducts print!! I only know because I put a little mark of the edge to identify the prints properly. I must have flipped them when I took the picture. That's in line with the other pictures I have printed also, and makes better sense. Thanks for spotting that, and I do apologize. They still in life are so close, especially in bright light that the differences are nominal, but the Inkproducts.com ink is definitely brighter. Seeing that I just printed it, I wonder if it will look that way in a few days. The other O.E.M. printing is 6 days old. Thanks, rmks2000!!
Google Adsense