PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Help Desk > Hardware

Old 12-10-2012, 11:49 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Printout trouble

I am working on a violin I downloaded. The problem I am having is that some of the part numbers print out wrong (26b instead of 16b). This isn't a major issue as I can reference the part numbers on the computer. A minor annoyance. The other not so minor thing is that some of the parts print out too long and don't fit where they are supposed to go (the short curved parts on the sides of the violin). Anyone else had this happen?
Google Adsense
Old 12-10-2012, 12:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
If you could provide the link where you downloaded the violin we can check it out to see if there is a problem.
Gremlins seem to be alive and well lately. (December 21 is approaching).

One think to check is to make sure any kind of scaling is turned off in your print dialog. If the equivalent of "Fit To Page" or "Shrink to Fit" is checked then each page might print at a different page, depending on the size of the graphic on the page.

As far as the part numbers being different between the printed page and the file page maybe there is some sort of layering in the file and there is a mix up when the print job is sent to the printer. Not really sure, though.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 248.80 MB
Download and use Foxit reader it's a great PDF printer program,it's free too......Rich
Foxit Reader - Download Reader and Add-ons - Foxit Software
Old 12-11-2012, 07:16 AM

Violin

The forum won't let me post the URL of the site where I found the violin. Google "creative park canon" and use the sites search feature to find "violin". Thank you for the print dialogue tip. I'll be sure to check the settings in the future. I'll also give the PDF reader a try. I didn't know there was any other. The violin is coming along fine although it's a little crooked. lol I can live with that. It's a lot of fun.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:46 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
How are you trying to add the URL to your post?

We allow all links to be posted
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Google Adsense
Old 12-11-2012, 08:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
I printed the page with parts 16b from both the USLtr and A4 files and had no problem with the part numbers changing. Must me something weird with your printer coms. The Canon files usually don't mess around with layered pdf's so that should not be the cause.

The parts printing at different sizes is puzzling too. Usually if you try to print the A4 file using USLtr size cardstock with Fit or Shrink checked each of the pages are reduced by the same amount. In the case of the violin the A4 page size file will print at 91% onto USLtr size cardstock if Fit or Shrink is checked. With scaling off it looks like the parts will still print onto USLtr size cardstock because of the way the parts are set on the pages, with each of the parts printing at the original size. Maybe somehow the parts in question were printed with scaling set differently from the other pages. That does seem to happen sometimes for some unfathonable reason.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickstef View Post
How are you trying to add the URL to your post?

We allow all links to be posted

I went to the web site and copied the address from my browser, then pasted it into the message box. The response to clicking "submit reply" was that multiple URL's cannot be posted by new users (or something like that).
Old 12-11-2012, 11:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
It must be an anti-spam setting on new folks. Sorry about that. What OS are you operating with and what type of printer?
Old 12-12-2012, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin_King View Post
It must be an anti-spam setting on new folks. Sorry about that. What OS are you operating with and what type of printer?
Windows XP Home edition.
Canon MG 2120
Old 12-12-2012, 09:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
XP is stable, so it must be an advanced setting that has wormed its way into your printer settings. I've gotten away from Canon printers (they obviously hate me, even though others swear by them). Someone else will have to help you out, unless you are from KC and I could drop by and look at it in person.
Google Adsense