PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Help Desk > Hardware

Old 04-30-2013, 05:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Billy, thanks so much for that image! Seeing those samples side by side really helps a great deal. Yes the Modelik sample seems to be a finer, denser stock and closer to what I want to use. It would be nice if that fine surface grain went all the way through!

I hadn't even thought of generic nuts and bolt heads, but it's a great idea along with all sorts of other neat things. I'm a aircraft guy for the most part but I'm sure every model form has it's needs (shhhh...I can't stand that word 'genre'). Everyone please, please feel free to make suggestions. I guess I'll be brushing up on my Illustrator/C.D. skills
Let's see what happens but maybe some special deals can be worked out for those of you that can whip up this stuff with their eyes closed.

Thanks for the well wishes and encouragement and I'm glad the name works
Old 04-30-2013, 05:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 248.80 MB
Are you going to do custom order's ? I like to enlarge a lot of my builds from 1/33 to 1/24, don't know how your system will work but would think would not be too hard to enlarge.......Rich
Old 04-30-2013, 05:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 16.12 MB
As well as generic hex nuts/bolts there are also the many wheels and sprockets that armour models have. Laser cut tracks are also a useful add on especially for older models which don't have the after market stuff the new kits have. It's quite possible to do a complete laser cut kit as GPM have done with their 1/16 40mm Bofors AA gun - there's a build thread on this on the forum.

Regards,

Charlie
Old 04-30-2013, 06:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 1,012.17 MB
Ron,

Best of luck on your new venture. I have never used laser cut stuff so I have no advice to offer but I do want to extend good wishes to both you and your wife.

Curt
Old 05-01-2013, 01:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 195.36 MB
I have to second what Billy mentioned...

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy.leliveld View Post
remember Avantcard? AvantCard - Paper Models ,the site is still up, but they stopped, I loved the 'universal' stuff they had, like bolts and nuts, diamond plate, runway mats..
I recently wanted to make a purchase from Bruce, only to find he is no longer in business. There are already a few sites around that offer nuts, bolts and rivets, but there is other stuff avantcard used to do that I can't find anywhere and believe me, I've looked. The diamond plate (laser embossed), the "metal mesh" etc... I would LOVE to be able to buy this stuff if it became available again. I recently purchased $80AU worth of rivets, nuts and bolt heads that should see me out for a while but if you can do the mesh and diamond plate I would happily become a regular customer.

Also if you could look into a "custom" type service where freely downloadable models, or parts of them, could be cut from certain thicknesses of cardstock... e.g: I am currently building a model with 2mm tyre treads that I'm really not looking forward to cutting out and would gladly pay to have them cut and shipped if I could.

Good luck with your new venture, I hope it all goes well.

Currently Building: Angraf M1070/M1000
Google Adsense
Old 05-01-2013, 03:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 15.61 MB
I have one word for you...ship railings! Okay, that's two words really, but I miss the Avantcard railings. They are so much better than the others that are out there!

Best of luck in your new venture.

russ...
Old 05-01-2013, 05:59 AM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
Thanks guys! I am really looking forward to working on this with Ron. How about everyone suggest lasercut stuff they want but cant find so we can get him a list going of possible inventory items
Chris
Old 05-02-2013, 01:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thank you all for the input so far. I had a look at Avantcard's offerings and it's sad to see them go. I would have looked forward to working beside them or even together on things. I'll drop them a note and feel things out. Maybe they could licence the files to their products so that they may continue to be produced.
YES! I will do custom requests once I get the system nailed down. Personally, I'd like to see that laser hummin' along 15 hours out of the day. Admittedly the first few projects will eat up time but with a bit of practice we'll get it down! Any suggestions of who I should order a few commercial printed kits with frames from? Halinski of course...anyone else?
Today saw a bit of progress. I went with the name burnedofferings.com. It's official! Hosting has been bought for 2 years to start and while I was at it I registered another domain for this other little project cardmodelaces.com. A day doesn't go by that I don't regret parting with the old cardmodels.net. I honestly hadn't a clue that zealot would do what they did with it. Anyways...one thing at a time
I better get some sleep!
Ron
Old 05-02-2013, 02:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 83.64 MB
laser cut handles for tanks and locos, laser cut wheel type valves for locos too, davits for ship boats small lockers for ships, ships wheels etc
Old 05-02-2013, 08:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 8.01 MB
Hobby Model as well, for us nuts who actually like to build those :P
Google Adsense