PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Help Desk > Hardware

Old 06-02-2014, 03:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
Buying Additional Printer

I'm planning on buying an additional printer. I have stand-alone Epson 2200 and 1400.
I do not have a scanner so I'm breaking all my rules and planning on getting an all-in-one.

I'm strictly an Epson user and am looking at the Epson WorkForce WF-7520 Wireless All-in-One Wide-Format Color Inkjet Printer, Scanner, Copier, Fax (C11CB58201) - that's a mouthful!

Does anyone have one of these? It gets good ratings, scans up to 11 x 17 inches, copies, faxes, can print wirelessly from our phones and tablets, has two paper trays, and finally, prints up to 13 x 19 inches (same as the two printers I have).

Amazon has it for $175.00.
Old 06-02-2014, 03:39 PM

Think this is the Amazon page"

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...8C11CB58201%29
Old 06-02-2014, 03:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.24 GB
Dear jagolden01:
Are you going to get the CRISS ink system to go with it?
I would like to know how it works for when my Kodak all in one goes to the happy printing ground in the sky.
Thanks for finding about this printer,
Miles
Have you gone to a store with a PDF of a model, card stock and asked for a print demo?
Old 06-02-2014, 04:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 75.37 MB
Hi Jagolden01,

I have the WorkForce WF-7510, basically the same machine as the one you're looking at. Print most of my models on it. The Budapest Parliament I'm building rights now is copied and enlarged using the printer only. You can judge the quality of the print from the build photos.

Also printed the Beijing Drum House on it. Also have the smaller 8.5 x 14 version as well as an Epson 2200.

Have put 80 lb cover stock through it without a problem. Print most enlargements on 12 x 18 cover stock ( 65, 80 and 100 lb).

Hope this helps.

Fred
Old 06-02-2014, 04:32 PM

Miles, no I'n not planning on using a CISS with it. I just don't print out enough models or photos. Still prefer to purchase standard OEM cartridges.

Fred, yes, it does help, thanks!

In the last day though, the price has gone up to $202.00. Amazon can be tricky and sly. Going to have my wife check the cost from her computer. If I recall, a couple of years ago, Amazon was taken to task for "customizing" prices to specific customers.

JoeG
Old 06-02-2014, 08:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
I have one and am quite happy with it. OEM carts for it are pricy, especially if you buy the 126 carts. I have had problems with paper jams with it, especially when printing two-sided. It handles 110 lb cover stock without too much grunting. One thing to check is whether the scanner will handle A3...the one I bought will only do up to tabloid size for scans, but will print A3 without problem.
Old 06-08-2014, 06:08 PM

Finally got time to install it. Only complaint is I downloaded the most current drivers and stuff frim the Epson site. A lousy 95 megs took over an hour - you'd think I was on dial-up.

Set up was a breeze and even though it's not technically a photo printer, photos look great even on plain paper.

Technology is so cool, now we can print directly from our phones and tablets, it's amazing and time saving.

I've never used third party inks before but I ordered a set of all four colors from Amazon for ~$20. Curious to see bow they will run.

Dying to see how it prints on photo paper. I have been using Epson 1400 and 2200 for photos, which have been phenomenal 6 or 7 color printers. However, in the past I used an Epson Photo 700 which was only 4 color printing and those looked great.

So far, for the price I'm happy. We'll see bow things progress in the long run. Considering all it does for $200 I can't go wrong. For that cost I consider it disposable.