PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Help Desk > Hardware

Old 07-19-2023, 03:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 107.90 MB
Post Printer not printing Aircraft Windows???

Hi, I use a Canon MFb44Cdw and I'm having issues with print quality. I use cardstock and one day while printing out HermerCraft's paper models (his 787 series jets) I noticed that it would print the first Page just fine, then the following ones would get inconsistent. It would print the color and form of the parts just fine but would be completely missing windows and even smaller detail. I tried closing and opening the files again, yet to no avail or solution. I tried also printing another HermerCraft 787, but that too ran into the same issues. Idk if its a problem with the printer or the files.
Google Adsense
Old 07-19-2023, 05:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 16.12 MB
Have you tried printing a page at a time?

It sounds as if the communications to the printer are being compressed in some way and the file isn't being regenerated properly.

Charlie
Old 07-19-2023, 09:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 107.90 MB
I have tried every fix I can think of: printing it one by one, closing and reopening the files, even the fixes stated above. idk if this is more of a hardware issue since its my printer compressing the files, or a software issue with my files. Crazy part was it wasn't like this before. I haven't changed the settings or anything; I printed a 787-10 a week ago and it was all A-okay, then I printed his 757 series thinking it was just a fluke and an issue with just those files, and now it does it with all the prints. the Files are a couple MB at most (9-11 on avg.) so I know it shouldn't be compressing them that much if not at all.
Old 07-20-2023, 12:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.39 GB
Maybe it's a driver issue. Try updating the software or use a different program for printing. There are several alternatives to open and print documents. If everything fails you may try to convert the pages into a different format and see if they print better.
Old 07-20-2023, 03:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 136.69 MB
Obvious thing to check, but is the toner level sufficient? Some printer manufacturers program dirty tricks where the printer will refuse to function if the level gets near empty on just one drum.

Following that, I would try a test print on ordinary copy paper. It may be that the thicker stock is causing adhesion issues if it has a smoother surface, which is leaving a residue of unprinted toner on the rollers or else some other kind of interference with the imaging. Either that or it can't grip the paper properly as it goes through the machine and this is causing failed prints. There should be a cleaning cycle you can run too.
Google Adsense
Old 07-20-2023, 07:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Have you tried printing anything else?

Tags
printer, printing