PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Help Desk > Hardware

Old 10-24-2010, 02:42 PM
cModerator

Total Downloaded: 37.66 MB
Send a message via AIM to cMags
Well, I went ahead and bought my CISS system for my Epson NX400 from printpayless.com and was pleasantly surprised that it only took 2 days to arrive at my door.

I'm setting it up now, watching some videos and instructions on how to do so, and have run into the first snag. The poor English translation on the instructions states:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obviously non-English speaker
Check whether there's the leakage of the CISS, whether some tubes have been separated from the CISS, whether there are air bubbles in the tube (If there exists more than 20CM air space, please kindly to contact with the local dealer)
I have run into this last issue. I have a couple sections of air in the color ink, but nearly the entire black line is empty, with a little ink on either end. I've tried opening the air filter hole on the primary tank and raising one end then the other and got a little air out but it's not clearing well. Anyone run into this and know a solution, or am I going to have to RMA?
Put on hold build (someday I'll finish): F-35A Lightning II 1:72
Previous builds: cMags' Card Model Builds
Old 10-24-2010, 02:56 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
got a bellows?

You should be able to find it at a drugstore
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 11-01-2010, 11:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
You guys finally talked me into it....just ordered a CISS from ebay over the weekend. Competition is wonderful....when I first started investigating systems, the cheapest price for a CISS for the Workforce 1100 was $80 plus postage. I picked up the same system (but with an automatic reset chipset instead of a manual reset button) for $34, including the postage. If I wasn't in the process of making hard copy reference books, I likely would have made do with the refillable cartridge system, but having to take out one of the carts to reset the bleeding thing every 50 pages or so was really getting old.....no complaints otherwise with them, though. However, with the price differential now only $5 or so, one might as well just get the CISS.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 967.02 MB
just ordered mine should be here after the Thanksgiving holiday. i picked the one from CSINKS with the auto reset chips for $70 i will let you know how it all works out when i get it.
Old 12-04-2010, 02:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 220.71 MB
Ordered and received mine in about 4 days from printpayless.com. It is fantastic, and will save me a couple hundred dollars for cartridges over the next year.
Totally awesome system, and the printing is great. I can't see ever going back to standard cartridges.

Anyone think they can answer this: I have an Epson Workforce 610, (nearly the same as the 600), and when the black showed low with the CISS, I couldn't just press the "OK" for the cartridge change and reset the chip. I have to unlatch the cartridge and pull it up a millimeter or so, and re-seat it, then it reset. The problem is that the system will then "Charge" the ink system again, and I'm worried that might waste some ink everytime I have to "reset" the cartridges.
Anyone have an idea how to keep from having the printer "charge" the system everytime?
Otherwise, it is still great and a fantastic savings.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.74 GB
my CISS chip in my Epson R200 resets when I turn off the printer
Old 12-07-2010, 09:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 220.71 MB
That is what some instructions tell me to do, but the printer comes back on and tells me that " the cartridge cannot be recognized" and must be changed. The only thing that works is to pull the cartridge up a little then push it back into place. Well, if that is the only way, then it is far better than having to shell out fifty to sixty dollars every couple of months.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 132.10 MB
I need some with this site. Every zip file I try to down load I still get the wait 60 sec, screen! Whats up with that????

Tug...