PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Help Desk > Hardware

Old 03-26-2011, 09:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.41 MB
How expensive is Brother ink cartridges compared to HP which i swear is the MOST expensive ink on earth!!!
Old 03-27-2011, 08:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 248.80 MB
Don't know about a scanner but as for printer my Epson Workforce 1100 is the best one I'V ever owned....just need CISS for it and i'm in print heaven.....Rich
Old 03-27-2011, 09:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.52 MB
Epson 1100 Workforce.

Just a note about the Epson Workforce 1100. My print head just recently clogged up and refused to print magenta colors. I did the usual cleaning routine and got nowhere. I then used the provided chemicals with the CISS system to try and get the clog busted. This proved even worse. So after many attempts and overnight soaks, I gave up and took the print head out of the machine and cleaned it. I was sucessful at clearing the clogged head and reinstalled it into the printer. It now will not print anything at all . No colors period. I then bought the online service manuals and took the printer apart and troubleshot it. No luck. The replacement print head costs more than a new printer.

I brought my HP 1220 C printer back online, and breathed new life into it. So it is printing again.

Not sure if it was the Ink or the CISS system that caused the problem. I do know that I am not happy with seperate print heads on printers. The print heads and nozzles that are built into the cartridges of some printers are a sure fire solution to this problem. My love affair with the Epson 1100 had now ended.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:43 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mldixon View Post
Just a note about the Epson Workforce 1100. My print head just recently clogged up and refused to print magenta colors. I did the usual cleaning routine and got nowhere. I then used the provided chemicals with the CISS system to try and get the clog busted. This proved even worse. So after many attempts and overnight soaks, I gave up and took the print head out of the machine and cleaned it. I was sucessful at clearing the clogged head and reinstalled it into the printer. It now will not print anything at all . No colors period. I then bought the online service manuals and took the printer apart and troubleshot it. No luck. The replacement print head costs more than a new printer.

I brought my HP 1220 C printer back online, and breathed new life into it. So it is printing again.

Not sure if it was the Ink or the CISS system that caused the problem. I do know that I am not happy with seperate print heads on printers. The print heads and nozzles that are built into the cartridges of some printers are a sure fire solution to this problem. My love affair with the Epson 1100 had now ended.
Wow that really sucks. It's obvious from what you posted and the way you posted it you are a "technically capable" person. Does the head connect with ribbon cables? I'd run some continuity tests as these cables really go bad a lot, it's like old Sony TV's, they work great, till you move them. I would seriously consider EBAY'ing it for parts, with the manuals, you could probably get at least half of what you put out for everything back.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.52 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathros View Post
Wow that really sucks. It's obvious from what you posted and the way you posted it you are a "technically capable" person. Does the head connect with ribbon cables? I'd run some continuity tests as these cables really go bad a lot, it's like old Sony TV's, they work great, till you move them. I would seriously consider EBAY'ing it for parts, with the manuals, you could probably get at least half of what you put out for everything back.
Yes I was a tool and die maker in my past life. I am not afraid to tackle anything complex. Yes I think the cables are the problem but they do pass the test with my fluke meter. Well I am going to hang onto it for the moment and in times of boredom I will try to fix it. I have had more than one printer come back to life on it's own before. Maybe it needs time to reflect.
Google Adsense