PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > HOWTO: Use the forums

Old 03-12-2013, 12:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 9.50 GB
I have similar problem, want to download as much as i can only to come up against this stupid wall of limited ability to do so.
If i ever have something worthy of print to talk about then i will be compelled to do so on here, but as yet have nothing to offer in writing. All i want is to down load the models to build and enjoy, not take forever to do so, or take extra time to write about it.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:44 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Well, I guess you can download what you want, just at a slower pace.

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 03-12-2013, 01:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 171.54 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_hart01 View Post
I have similar problem, want to download as much as i can only to come up against this stupid wall of limited ability to do so.
If i ever have something worthy of print to talk about then i will be compelled to do so on here, but as yet have nothing to offer in writing. All i want is to down load the models to build and enjoy, not take forever to do so, or take extra time to write about it.
The "stupid wall of limited ability" is in place for a reason....to promote healthy and friendly interaction of forum members who share similar likes and enjoy this great hobby. For those members or non-members who don't want to bother to interact with the forum will have small limits placed on downloading...give a little, get a little. You may not think you don't have anything of worth to type out and talk about, however, at the very minimum a simple thank you to the designer of the model you downloaded is something you can share.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Turner View Post
The "stupid wall of limited ability" is in place for a reason....to promote healthy and friendly interaction of forum members who share similar likes and enjoy this great hobby. For those members or non-members who don't want to bother to interact with the forum will have small limits placed on downloading...give a little, get a little. You may not think you don't have anything of worth to type out and talk about, however, at the very minimum a simple thank you to the designer of the model you downloaded is something you can share.
a big "Amen" to this. This forum is about so much more than just being a download site.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:21 PM
Absolute Final Dimensional Contortionist Judicator

Total Downloaded: 398.11 MB
You may want to approve the thread for the benefit of all the newbies out there...

Last edited by Texman; 03-13-2013 at 11:42 AM.
Google Adsense
Old 03-12-2013, 03:52 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
Then again - so long as they are building we're making some progress ...

Yogi (number of downloads is at least some kind of feedback for an offered model)
Old 03-12-2013, 08:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 3.38 MB
I have the exact same problem, and also am on Satellite. First time I EVER tried to down load it said the same thing Slow down etc... you have to wait 246 seconds before the next download...of course I had not ever downloaded a thing.. the next time I tried..it said wait 17 sec....I waited for 20, it said wait for 13, I waited for 30, it said wait for 17,, I gave up...But I think Swampfox has it right..it has to do with post and not connection speed or anything else...wait around make some replys and such and we will see!
Old 05-16-2013, 01:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thanks

Thanks for this info.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:03 PM

still having same downloading problem. every time i click to download it says that im going to fast even if i have not tried to download any that day. i have made 36+ post so i dont think thats the problem. i use a satellite connection and ive noticed others who use them have the same problems so that might be it.
Old 09-12-2014, 06:55 PM

Thanks...

I'm having the same problem, so I'll go do some commenting for awhile!
Google Adsense