PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > HOWTO: Use the forums

Old 08-26-2012, 11:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 15.04 MB
Smile

Les, just remembered a thread i read on here a little while ago; get some differing diametre brass tubes, you can get sizes up to 3"/4"+ but money wise it will cost alittle as you go up in dia:,; sharpen the end that is to be the cutting edge and, if you do the sharp edge inside or out side on seperate tubes, it will give you two differing types of cut; place a rounded piece of wood to the just!! inner tube dia:, and ram it home just flush of the rim.

This will give you two things, A, the surface to hit to produce the cut and, B, shock absorption to help reduce ware on the striking end; if you have an old spare drill stand with manual plunger arm, modifie it to make the tools, IE. the brass tubes, to fit into, pressing down will then give a stable and even cut, and, save on hiting, just some ideas, seems thats what i do most of now a days..............58 tomorrow..........SUCKS!!!, body feels 85, am realy pxxxxd of.............boy i HATE birthdays!!!!!!!!!!!!.

All the best and regards Les,

Tom.............
Old 08-26-2012, 01:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thanks Tom, the brass tube sounds an excellent idea, must give it a try out and see how it goes,
Only 58, a mere slip of a boy yet,

For Tomorrow

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOM

Les
Old 08-26-2012, 02:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 73.24 MB
.............boy i HATE birthdays!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the other hand, consider the alternative!

Jim
Old 08-26-2012, 04:52 PM

boy i HATE birthdays!!!!!!!!!!!!On the other hand, consider the alternative
Old 08-26-2012, 05:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
I received my iC-1500P circle cutter on Friday from GoodsJapan. It took about two weeks to arrive from Japan, the total cost was $27.99 with NO shipping charge. I consider this great service. NT Cutter iC-1500P Leathercraft Circle Compass*Cutter for Leather, with 6 Blades | eBay

Now, if I can find replacement blades . . .

Don
Google Adsense
Old 08-26-2012, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
I received my iC-1500P circle cutter on Friday from GoodsJapan.......Now, if I can find replacement blades
And there's the rub. I think snapping No.11 X-Acto blades to length (as I've demonstrated in the other thread) a reasonable alternative given the ready availability of such blades.

Mike
Old 08-26-2012, 07:20 PM

I dunno about you guys, but over here, I can get those Olfa & NT Cutter 30 degree spare blades (the snap off kind) pretty easily. They fit quite well with the NT iC-1500P circle cutter. I have a old compass type olfa circle cutter which needs specific type of blades, and that sucks... I tend to primarily use those 30 degree snap offs for all my cutting... so I have tons of them!

On my last trip to Tokyo, I bought heaps more! Really cheap there (if you know where to get them)

And Don, at US$28, I reckon it already includes the shipping in the price.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:58 PM

Smile

Les,

If you look in at W H Smiths, they stock some very good tool mags giving some prices on cutters and tube for making cutting tools for what you want, seeing that we are both from UK, its the best you can do as, these magazines give prices addresses and phone numbers and stock codes; their is one mag that starts with the name MICRO TOOLS, or very very simillar also, look in Railway Modeller, theres a company that advertises tools of every type, tubes lathes etc etc etc, very very comprehensive indeed, can`t remember the name, but, when you send for their cataloge and purchase somehig, hey seend you every year am up to date one F.O.C., now, that can`t be bad, i`ll have a look in smiths and see if i can gleen more info for you...............

Best regards and thanks for the B`day wishes.

Tom...........
Old 08-27-2012, 11:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.64 MB
Replacement blades on eBay foric-1500 cutter

Same seller has packs of 40 replacement blades for $9.99 free shipping
Old 08-28-2012, 01:18 AM

Thanks Guy's any info is good,
Google Adsense