PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > HOWTO: Use the forums

Old 12-11-2008, 06:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
First Posting

Hi All,

After many years building and flying model airplanes (made with balsa wood and related materials), I began building card models in 2002.

The total count of card models I've built until now is over 80 or 90 - don't know exactly, as many of them were "donated" to friends and relatives.

As I have the habit of "customizing" my office desktop with card models, some of them ended up decorating other colleagues' desktop - or even the project manager's office...

BTW, card models are great subjects for attracting the interest of friendly people who ask questions about them, and they often serve as catalyzers to initiate contacts which may develop into a good personal or professional relationship.

Ships are my favorite models, although I've already built other types such as Notre Dame Cathedral (Canon/ Japan), several houses & buildings from Internet downloads, and one of my long-term projects, still in progress - the 1:350 Olkiluoto Nuclear Power Plant by Thomas Pleiner.

I'd like very much to design some models, but it's a time-consuming task and requires lots of experimentation and patience, scarce resources at present...

My first design was a relatively simple model of an oil processing equipment - an electrostatic coalescer vessel, based on process equipment manufactured by a Norwegian engineering company (see attached picture).

I'm also registered with a German card modelling forum, where I regularly contribute with postings and building reports, and look forward to a productive information exchange with Papermodelers.com.

Kindest regards,
Rafael_H
Attached Thumbnails
First Posting-cec-023.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 12-11-2008, 08:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 76.03 MB
Welcome Rafael_H! I think you'll enjoy your time here. If you have any pictures of your builds we would love to see them :D BTW, the oil processing equipment looks very nice. You did a clean build on that one on an interesting subject.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:05 PM

Hi Willygoat,

Thanks for your kind words.

At this moment, I have only a small number of pictures of my builds, so I'll try to select some of them:
  • "Dan" Ferryboat in 1:250 scale - downloaded from Lars Linhardt's site on N-Scale models;
  • River and Ocean-Going Tugboat (approx. 1930) in 1:100 scale - purchased from the German Naval Museum (Deutsches Schifffahrtsmuseum);
  • Research & Ice-Breaking Vessel "Polarstern" in 1:500 scale - also purchased from the German Naval Museum;
  • "Hvalpsund" Ferryboat in 1:250 scale - also downloaded from Lars Linhardt's site on N-Scale models;
  • "Lofoten" Fishing Vessel (unknown scale, approx. 1:60) - downloaded from the "Kids" section of the website "Fisch aus Norwegen".
Regards from Rio,
Rafael_H.
Attached Thumbnails
First Posting-dan-2-1-.jpg   First Posting-003.jpg   First Posting-002.jpg   First Posting-22-1.jpg   First Posting-imagem-013.jpg  

Old 12-11-2008, 03:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
All of your models are excellent, but I really like the tugboat. I'm partial to pre-WWII ships and have always liked tugboats from my days of growing up in Baltimore when the Inner Harbor was a wonderland of shipping.

Don
Old 12-11-2008, 04:18 PM
Eternal Member

Good looking models

Google Adsense
Old 04-15-2009, 09:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 179.33 MB
thanks.

just discovered this site. looks great. i haven't modeled for a number of years as i ran out of a place close to me. it was in a paper model museum in edmonton ab canada. if someone could tell me where i could find a list of resources to ob tain models. i ran across a mention of the convention in washington,dc in finescale modelers magazine. it was by kevin stephens of york, pa. thanks for being there. gary.
if you are wondering where i am. look on a map north of montana about 8 hr drive. again thanks
Old 04-16-2009, 06:08 AM
Aviation Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver47 View Post
if someone could tell me where i could find a list of resources to ob tain models.
Go to the top of the page and click the 'Articles' tab, then click on "Where can I find...". There's 2 links - stores and digital models. It's a good starting place
Old 04-16-2009, 07:22 AM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
Welcome Silver47 great place to have stumbled upon here looking forward to more posts!
Chris
Old 06-05-2009, 02:54 PM

Hello all. This my first post and would like to greet all a good modeling day.
I am interested in all aspect of modelling aircraft from balsa to metal. I am enhoying this site/forum very much.