PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > HOWTO: Use the forums

Old 04-15-2009, 12:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
I enjoyed your post, Leif! I hate to have typos and infelicitous phrasing preserved for posterity and often find myself going back to make fixes after hitting "Post." All too often, there are still residual typos to shame me in perpetuity.

Meanwhile, I got a chuckle out of "Reason: Modifying something a little bit too cocksure." There is something quintessentially Leif-like about that nice little phrase.

Don
Old 04-15-2009, 10:31 PM
Facilitator

Total Downloaded: 368.13 MB
Originally we allowed posts to be edited forever, but ran into a problem when a member decided to edit all his post to say "deleted". It made a lot of extra work and destroyed the flow of the conversation. So I think we put a time limit on editing posts.

Jason
Old 04-16-2009, 08:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Originally we allowed posts to be edited forever, but ran into a problem when a member decided to edit all his post to say "deleted". It made a lot of extra work and destroyed the flow of the conversation. So I think we put a time limit on editing posts.

Jason
That sounds like something I may have done. It was me, wasn't it?
My hindsight is 20-20 but my forethought is lacking. I sometimes wish we had a Phil-filter (Philter) or maybe I can pay someone to follow me around and stop me before I type that offensive text.

I tried putting tape over my mouth, but obviously that would not help.
You could tie my hands behind my back...Oh nevermind...I have a nose, and an extended tongue for the shift key.

Now you can throw those tomatoes at me...:o