PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > HOWTO: Use the forums

Old 12-17-2010, 08:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 10.68 MB
I'm almost positive that I've downloaded stuff in the past, but now it won't let me. Or rather, it tells me I'm not waiting long enough between downloads. But is says this even if it's my very first attempt in days. Is this maybe a problem from recent changes to the forum? Something get glitched?
Old 01-01-2011, 04:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
I'm new here and I can't believe such a site like this exists - I've been doing papercraft for while and I've amazed to see the stuff you guys have here. I hope to be able to download stuff soon too.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:38 PM

I though it was my problem, thanks!
Old 04-15-2011, 07:00 AM

Problem Downloading

Hello All, I am having the same problem trying to download I keep getting this message {Slow Down! You are trying to download files too quickly. You must wait 57 seconds before you may download another file.}. Can someone Please Help. Thanks

P.S. This Site is Really Awesome
Old 04-15-2011, 07:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
Thumbs up

There is nothing wrong. The download section is set up that way. Download what you are going to build, then build it and then download the next one.

Bandwidth costs money and you will notice the site is free and has no annoying advertising.

Help keep the forum awesome.
Google Adsense
Old 04-15-2011, 07:28 AM

Problem Downloading

Hello,and Thanks for your post, But I haven't download my 1st file yet and I'm getting the same message
Slow Down! You are trying to download files too quickly. You must wait 57 seconds before you may download another file.

Thanks
Old 04-15-2011, 02:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 55.12 MB
Try this -

First, ensure you have cookies enabled for the papermodelers.com domain. Second, try a 'right-click, Save target as...' off the download button. Also, if trying to download "at work", your network administration may have restricted such activity. Unusual, but possible.

Some things that may need to be explained are what web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc.) you're using, what kind of firewall (if any) operating system and last, the *how* you are attempting the download (clicked on X, then clicked on Y, etc.)

As a Help Desk, sometimes just being able to "follow along" someone's exact procedure will allow determination of the problem.

So, let's here some details other than just "can't download" and perhaps we can all get you sorted out. Thanks!
Nobi Junkers SRF BETA build - BETA Build: Nobi's Junkers SRF 1:48 scale
Old 04-15-2011, 02:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 55.12 MB
Did a little test...

One thing to realize is that by clicking on the "image" icon to the left of the 'description' area, you are selecting the 'download' function. I like to click the "more" or the linkage in the description so the particular model's download page opens *first* before triggering the download function. Of course, if you trigger downloads (d/l) too quickly, you engage the d/l throttling (to keep the bandwidth usage under control limits...)

Also, if you do (for example) trigger the download of a PDF that opens in your web browser, even if you do not save a copy, this is considered a 'download' event, and hence engages the throttle timer. Same if you get a "Open/Save" dialog box and don't actually save anything (i.e., you cancel), this still counts also as a download.

Hope this helps!
Nobi Junkers SRF BETA build - BETA Build: Nobi's Junkers SRF 1:48 scale
Old 06-02-2011, 01:44 PM

thanks so much
Old 06-02-2011, 02:46 PM

Aye, another new "duffer" here, too 8-).
Google Adsense