PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > HOWTO: Use the forums

Old 10-12-2023, 10:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCEtoAUX View Post
I click on New Posts in the menu bar and browse through the results
Same here.
Old 10-12-2023, 07:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Always look through the new threads first. Then I just browse.

Sometimes I will see something, really not interested in, but wonder how they made it. For instance motorcycle frame tubes. If made out of paper did they use a different technique to smoothen the bends? Paper or maybe something else like wire?

I will look at those threads as well.

For the most part I read several threads each visit. Mostly to learn new techniques, but also to enjoy the many, many different things to see here.

POM changes are a big time go see the thread, if I haven't been already checking it out.

Mike

Last edited by mbauer; 10-12-2023 at 07:34 PM. Reason: POM
Old 10-17-2023, 12:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.57 GB
Good to hear how people use the site, thanks, I had barely noticed the "New Posts" link in the top bar. Glad people are keeping eyes open across all the various forums! I've kind of settled into checking my user CP and then the recents on the front page, since I like to see things in chronological order including what I've already read. (I guess there's also "today's posts" under "Quick Links" for a slightly different view.)
Old 10-17-2023, 12:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.57 GB
Fair 'nuf about encouraging conversation rather than just emoji reactions. That said, it may be that emoji reactions could encourage more interaction overall. Sometimes I'd just like to let someone know that I appreciated what they're doing but don't feel like bothering everyone with a whole new post at the top of the recents. No prob if that's the way the culture works here though.
Also oops about posting the above comment here rather than in the "Suggestion Box," guess I "threadjacked" myself!
Old 02-18-2024, 01:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.83 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReynoldsSlumber View Post
Sometimes I'd just like to let someone know that I appreciated what they're doing but don't feel like bothering everyone with a whole new post ... .
I feel the same!

Gene K
Google Adsense
Old 02-18-2024, 06:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 713.11 MB
1. New Posts
2. Aviation
3. Found On The Internet
4. Downloads

FWIW "Search" has never worked on my Android Tablet. When selecting "Search" the on screen keyboard pops up for maybe a second and then disappears. Seems to worrk on my PC. Go Figure.
Old 02-18-2024, 07:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 43.34 MB
In the upper right corner, when signed in there is a "unread posts since last visit". I click on that. It gives me anything new since my last visit. If something inspires me I dig deeper. I do a similar thing on another forum. It is easy. I visit here probably at least 5 times a week. It is always a non stress activity. There are some great model builders on here and it is nice to see what people build.
Old 02-18-2024, 08:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
I use the same methodology as Dave Pete and check the Forum several times a day. If a lot of posts have come in, I give priority to old friends and topics of particular interest, but I eventually read every post, although I do not respond unless I think I can add something to the discussion, provide encouragement, or let the posters know that they are not just casting stones down a bottomless pit.

Don