PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > HOWTO: Use the forums

Old 11-10-2022, 08:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
What is "IMGBB" and how do you use it?

Ray -

In the past, I used the "Manage Attachments" function within the Forum which was simple and easy to use. I just had to be sure that the images I wanted to upload were 640 pixels wide.

I just ran a test and found that the "Manage Attachments" function no longer worked.

Is there a place in the Forum that explains how to use the "IMGBB" thing?

Don
Old 11-10-2022, 11:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 75.37 MB
On my iMac the "Coming Soon" photos do not show. Just a big blue box saying "IMGBB.COM Image Not Found".

Been having problems viewing photos for quite a while now. Sometimes the thumbnails open or just a few will open and the rest won't.

Fred
Old 11-11-2022, 07:04 AM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
Ray -

In the past, I used the "Manage Attachments" function within the Forum which was simple and easy to use. I just had to be sure that the images I wanted to upload were 640 pixels wide.

I just ran a test and found that the "Manage Attachments" function no longer worked.

Is there a place in the Forum that explains how to use the "IMGBB" thing?

Don
Don, the "manage attachments" is not working right now due to the server space issues. Our server is full. That is why I am experimenting with some off site hosting.

IMGBB is a free off site hosting service. Seems pretty easy to use. I will try and generate a "how to" for it.

The bad side of off site hosting, if the off site host goes down/out of business, etc, the pictures to the forum are lost. But at least they are there for awhile.

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 11-11-2022, 07:05 AM
ADMINISTRATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seascape View Post
On my iMac the "Coming Soon" photos do not show. Just a big blue box saying "IMGBB.COM Image Not Found".

Been having problems viewing photos for quite a while now. Sometimes the thumbnails open or just a few will open and the rest won't.

Fred
That is my bad. I was experimenting with it, and broke the links. Please check the thread again and let me know if you see them.

GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 11-11-2022, 08:38 AM
ADMINISTRATOR

Using IMGBB off site hosting

I will try and post the steps to using this site here.

There are two methods to start. One is to use as "guest". The other is to create and account. My first method will cover the "guest" method.

1) Click the START UPLOADING button
2) Choose the file you would like to upload
3) You now have a choice to edit or resize your picture. Once you are satisfied, click submit in the bottom left.
4) The next step will be to click "upload"
5) You should then see "Upload Complete". At the bottom of this window, there will be "embed codes". Here is where the major difference
in "Guest" and "Account" usage is. The "embed code" choices are much less in "Guest". I prefer the "Account" method, as it provides a "Direct Link" option. My personal preference.
6) Pick the method of embed you prefer.
7) On your forum message tool bar, there is a small square with a mountain. Copy and paste the code from the
IMGBB embed into the dialogue box. Hit OK.It should look something like this inside your message:

[IMG]https://i.ibb.co/Qp2fT6V/file name.xxx[IMG] (xxx is the file extension).

8) Select "Preview Post" to see how your picture looks. If you like it, Click "Submit Reply". Or, delete the link
in your message, choose another "embed code" and try it, until you find the one that works best for you.

ACCOUNT
1) Click the CREATE ACCOUNT button. Create your account.
2) Click the "Upload" button
3) Choose "Browse from Computer) then select the file you would like to upload
4) You now have a choice to edit or resize your picture. Once you are satisfied, click submit in the bottom left.
5) The next step will be to click "upload"
6) You should then see "Upload Complete". At the bottom of this window, there will be "embed codes". Here is where the major difference
in "Guest" and "Account" usage is. The "embed code" choices are much more in "Account". I prefer the "Account" method, as it provides a "Direct Link" option. My personal preference.
7) Pick the method of embed you prefer.
8) On your forum message tool bar, there is a small square with a mountain. Copy and paste the code from the
IMGBB embed into the dialogue box. Hit OK. It should look something like this inside your message:

[IMG]https://i.ibb.co/Qp2fT6V/file name.xxx[IMG] (xxx is the file extension).(xxx is the file extension).

9) Select "Preview Post" to see how your picture looks. If you like it, Click "Submit Reply". Or, delete the link
in your message, choose another "embed code" and try it, until you find the one that works best for you.

I hope this helps.

GET OFF MY LAWN!
Google Adsense
Old 11-11-2022, 10:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 75.37 MB
Sorry Ray, all I get now is 2 little blue boxes with a "?". the Mac sign for "Missing Image".

Fred
Old 11-11-2022, 11:00 AM
ADMINISTRATOR

Did you clear your cache? I'm no Mac expert, but it might, possibly, could be a Mac issue?

GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 11-12-2022, 11:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 134.16 MB
postimages.org could be another option.
Old 08-17-2023, 02:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.57 GB
So... is it possible to upload pictures larger than 640 x 480 to this forum? Seems like these from the picture of the month's build thread for example are.
Old 08-17-2023, 03:02 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

Yes. Just upload as normal.

GET OFF MY LAWN!
Google Adsense