PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > HOWTO: Use the forums

Old 05-21-2010, 04:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.26 MB
My other modeling.. ;-(

The pics I meant to add
Attached Thumbnails
Posting Model Builds-dsc01360.jpg   Posting Model Builds-dsc01361.jpg   Posting Model Builds-dsc01369.jpg  
Old 05-21-2010, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampfox View Post
Jim, don't worry about making mistakes. Remember when I first started "Trying" to post photos and I'd end up with words and no picts? Wasn't it you that told me to just get on with it and not worry if I made a mistake or 5;-)

That is just added to the excitement of what I was finally going to get around to posting?

Remember those words of wisdom you spoke to me? I do, and look what's happened. I'm posting so much stuff, I'm probably going to get called to one of the moderators office's and get told a thing or two.

JUST DO IT. You'll learn by doing, not thinking about it.... Let's see something you've built or are still working on. Show us what that new camera can do.

SFX
Ah! Grasshopper! The student has turned into the teacher. (For anyone who watched the Kung Fu series) :D Thanks mate.

Cheers
Jim
Old 05-21-2010, 04:37 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Jim those models look WAY COOL.. very clean and very well made {some info too please} Love the close up with the spooky face at the window. Now you are cooking with gas my friend The other work you have had to do is a crime ! keeping one away from paper model making should be a punishable offence Talking of offence and Toilets... The local Police Station was broken in to a few days ago, the thieves took almost everything they could get their grubby little mits on - even the TOILET !!!! the police have started with their enquires, but has yet have nothing to go on.. :D Keep the great work coming in mate
Old 05-21-2010, 04:49 PM

Thanks Peter. I think you have earned the spot as my first reviewer. :D. Just wait until I tell my wife that someone thinks my models are "way cool" I bet she will be ever so impressed..:o

Cheers and thanks again.

Jim
Old 05-21-2010, 05:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
Jim, the main rule here is there are no rules other than keep it civil and no threads on religion or politics. Oh, yes, and don't post pirate sites. That's about it....and it has worked well for a long time (as compared to the typical web gadfly, that is).
Old 05-21-2010, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin View Post
Jim, the main rule here is there are no rules other than keep it civil and no threads on religion or politics. Oh, yes, and don't post pirate sites. That's about it....and it has worked well for a long time (as compared to the typical web gadfly, that is).
I seem to be finding that one out mate. I guess I always tend to err on the side of caution first but from what I have seen most threads wander around, go off topic, have some pictures and everyone (mostly) seems to just enjoy the chat, regardless of what thread they are in and even if it is in the wrong sub forum. I like that a lot. Nothing worse than posting only to find your post has been moved by a mod as if it is braking some cardinal rule. No! This place seems very much an open and fun place to be.

Thanks as always.

Jim
Old 05-21-2010, 06:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 70.75 MB
Send a message via MSN to Lex
I had always surprised about having no "forum rule sticky" on this board... But after quite a while I found it worked preetty well, maybe we're all nice people after all
Old 05-21-2010, 06:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
The building models are very fine, but the models of deteriorated plumbing are incredible! I can't believe they're made of paper. And the weathering! Pure genius. I hope you will share some of the techniques with us.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
The building models are very fine, but the models of deteriorated plumbing are incredible! I can't believe they're made of paper. And the weathering! Pure genius. I hope you will share some of the techniques with us.
I know! And they look so real. It was a bit of a problem getting the paper to shine like porcelain but I managed it. :D

Only problem I had was the confounded plumbing kept leaking. Boy they don't make paper drains like they used to in the "good ol' days" Need to use more elmer's on the drains I feel. :p

Cheers mate.

Jim