PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > HOWTO: Use the forums

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 08:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
way all my files

way all my uplode files are Unapproved ????? is was :(approved 1 day ago
today
Old 05-27-2010, 08:13 AM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
HAH!
I was just in there and saw that about three minutes ago! I mass approved them. Feel free to poke me if any get missed in the future - you are hard to keep up with
Chris
Old 05-27-2010, 02:46 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
I unapproved them because I asked you in one of your threads if you have gotten permission from the original 3D designer to make a paper model out of their work.

Unless you can provide that, they will stay unapproved
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 05-28-2010, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickstef View Post
I unapproved them because I asked you in one of your threads if you have gotten permission from the original 3D designer to make a paper model out of their work.

Unless you can provide that, they will stay unapproved
yes i have i made all the designe for 90% of my files and for the rest i use free models with no copyright ,i ask the designer of the model if i can made a papercraft and all say yes , with the conditions this is not for profit so all my files are free as you see i never ask money for my models, im happy to build for free , i have all the approvement of the designer ..... as long i dont seel the models ........
Old 05-30-2010, 02:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 10.47 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickstef View Post
...if you have gotten permission from the original 3D designer...
What 3D designer, Rick??
IF jbelux uses blueprints and draws that can be found freely at the web, tons of them, and using them for making his models in PEPAKURA, what permission you are talking about, Rick??

Last edited by Foxbat; 05-30-2010 at 02:39 AM.
Google Adsense
Old 05-30-2010, 08:10 AM

No modeling required. These are already modeled.

3D Warehouse

Sorry for answering this Foxbat, your question WAS directed to Rick.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:41 AM

Stevo is right. I was curious about the sniper rifle thread he started cause I knew I had seen that model before, that color pattern is pretty unmistakable. So I checked some more and all I crosschecked were on the warehouse available for download, all by different designers. So correct me if I'm wrong, buuut, I doubt that you have the permission from each and every designer to use the models(post e-mails to prove me wrong). Don't get me wrong here, I'm not preaching nor am I judging you. You should realise that a lot of the members here put a lot of time and effort into making models that they, themselves created, so when you upload 3 models a day saying you made them when you did not is a bit of a slap in the face to those people. No one is going to judge for using someone elses models, it's the fact that you never mentioned they were not yours until confronted twice by Rickstef, then you said 90% of them are yours, when 99% of the models you have uploaded are available at the Google Warehouse.
Again not judging, it just all comes down to integrity. Okay I have said my peace, no hard feelings bud:D
Old 05-30-2010, 09:10 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat View Post
What 3D designer, Rick??
IF jbelux uses blueprints and draws that can be found freely at the web, tons of them, and using them for making his models in PEPAKURA, what permission you are talking about, Rick??
Foxbat, he is using models from the Sketch Up 3D Warehouse, and unless the designers of those models have given him permission, to create paper models from those 3D models.

I have given permission to anyone who wants to take my 3D model to create or modify as they see fit.

It is a courtesy to the original designer to ask if you can use their model to create a paper model, especially when you want to distribute the paper model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stev0 View Post
No modeling required. These are already modeled.

3D Warehouse

Sorry for answering this Foxbat, your question WAS directed to Rick.
Stev0, Thanks, I was going to use the link, but you beat me to it

Rick
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 05-30-2010, 10:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 20.98 MB
i did he same thing with my "Kaknästornet" and modeled from a Sketchup model from the 3Dwarehouse,but i did get the creator's approval before publishing, this thread made me think about it and after checking i see i did not put the approval into the zip file, should it be revoked so i can update with the approval? really think it is the right way to go...
Old 05-30-2010, 10:27 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Kamser View Post
i did he same thing with my "Kaknästornet" and modeled from a Sketchup model from the 3Dwarehouse,but i did get the creator's approval before publishing, this thread made me think about it and after checking i see i did not put the approval into the zip file, should it be revoked so i can update with the approval? really think it is the right way to go...
You can add the permission, and reupload, and I will approve the file
Google Adsense
Closed Thread