PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Fiddler's Green Modeling Madness > Improved Stock

Old 04-12-2010, 06:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 678.6 KB
Sorry it has taken me so long to reply to your kind words with this Great Big Thank You!...I've just been so busy with other stuff lately finding the extra time to do anything not school or family related has been very difficult.

Willygoat.... I agree the FG prop hubs worked out very nice.They were quite simple to build - just roll and glue a long strip around itself. This meathod sure beats trying to build them out of a cylinder with fold over petals at the end....

Ringmaster.... Yes, I've seen the cross section drawings on many of the FG models....Guess I'm just too lazy (or busy) to actually use them to make up the formers, especially for this model. Since my time was so limited, I set myself in 100% building mode, no time for a lot of extras on this one...However, in the future, I plan on taking more time to play around with the whole former idea.....

Mauri.... I agree...The JU-52 sure is one beautiful model....It's in my pile (hard drive) However, to do it the justice that it deserves I can't even begin to think about building it until I have more free time. Right now, I just have way too many other irons in the fire that need my attention.... Besides, I've got to get back to work on that Darn Sherman!

Don....It's good to hear from you again...I am also looking forward to Army Heritage Day next month in Carsile.

It should be interesting...with the three big bombers on display...Bomarks "Orlik 8-Ball", your ""MM Hampton"...and the "FG Princess" all in a row...Heck, we'll need an extra table just to display these 3 models! Oh...and I can't forget about Greg's Scud launcher...There goes another 3 feet of display space!

Fun fun fun....I can't wait!
Old 04-12-2010, 09:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 4.31 MB
I just want to add my "well done". Thats a very clean and handsome build.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
Great stuff, Kevin. Congratulations on another very fine build! How about some photos of the three bombers in line when you get there?!
Chris
Old 01-05-2013, 10:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 699.34 MB
does anyone make a nose gun turret for the FG B24 to make it an "H"? My late father-in-law flew one with the 489th out of Halesworth, England and I've made the FG B24D, and might consider a recolor with the nose turret as a 489th B24"H".
Attached Thumbnails
FGMM B-24 Princess-img_0685.jpg  
Old 01-05-2013, 12:12 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 223.07 MB
eCardmodels has a H model from John Dell

Here's a link to one of them

1/48 B-24H Liberator The Cat's (Ass), 8th AF 1944 Paper Model - ECardmodels.com Shop - Downloadable

john

My Drawings
Google Adsense
Old 01-05-2013, 12:14 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
There are B-24J's and H's available at ecardmodels.com. Just look for designer John Dell Models.

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!