PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Fiddler's Green Modeling Madness > Improved Stock

Old 03-14-2010, 01:46 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
And, being it has the quad fifty, I'd say a -d model

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 03-14-2010, 02:19 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Curently live in High Desert country, Redmond, Oregon to be specific.
Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via AIM to Ashrunner
Not sure it's a D model myself. D's all had EW antennas and jamming equipment installed for their role in Vietnam. This tail doesn't have any. It could be anything from a B, C, E or F...as the tail section remained the same on them. One exception was the B-52B models which carried the twin 20s.

If you put a gun against my head and said, "What model?!"...I would probably say an E model.
Old 03-14-2010, 04:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 76.03 MB
Well, you all might be wrong. At least on the fact that the BUFF butt didn't come from an actual BUFF. It's a tail gun training module. Since that picture was taken, it has gone into restoration and received a ton of work. The guys have fixed and or replaced much of the skin. They've reworked rusted out bulkheads and such. The even redid the glass work. it looks pretty cool.

If you guys are interested, and maybe for your build info papercut, here's a gallery I took of the B-36J at the museum I work at. it may prove helpful. Expecially on the engines.
http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k173/BDR7/B-36/
Old 03-14-2010, 05:49 PM

Cool alot of neat photos.:DRick
Old 03-15-2010, 01:04 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Curently live in High Desert country, Redmond, Oregon to be specific.
Send a message via AIM to Ashrunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by willygoat View Post
Well, you all might be wrong. At least on the fact that the BUFF butt didn't come from an actual BUFF. It's a tail gun training module. Since that picture was taken, it has gone into restoration and received a ton of work. The guys have fixed and or replaced much of the skin. They've reworked rusted out bulkheads and such. The even redid the glass work. it looks pretty cool.B-36 pictures by BDR7 - Photobucket
I actually wondered about that. The area behind the gunner's pit just didn't look correct and I saw nothing indicating the vertical stabilizer had ever been attached. But I figured it might have been done that way during removal.

I do remember now seeing a photo of one of the trainers. One of my roommates at Kincheloe AFB was a gunner and showed me his photo album. It had pics from his technical training, his first base assignment (D models) and his first SEA tour. Didn't jar my memory until you mentioned it being a training module. Very interesting. I'd love to see that someday. Where will it be displayed?
Google Adsense
Old 03-15-2010, 01:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 76.03 MB
Currently, the module is still in restoration. It got delayed a bit as the Mig-21 and B-29 took precedence. I really don't know where it will be displayed at the moment. I would guess next to the B-52B by the other BUFF training modules.