PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Kit Announcements

Old 05-03-2011, 05:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leif Ohlsson View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomarc View Post
I hope you'll share your discovery with the guys over at the SIG.
Mike, I was wondering whether you might be able to do that for me, please? You know better in what context to put it and what to say.
Done and done.

Mike
Old 05-03-2011, 07:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 54.96 MB
Thanks Mike, that was REALLY nice to read!
Old 10-06-2011, 11:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 92.57 MB
I don't know how but somehow anyway missed this thread .... not that any info could have been added in regards to this bird which is one of my all time favorite WWII aircraft, designed in amazing pace when the p-40 was proving inadequate. Have downloaded this model to study and hopefully build someday, although will watch Mike's build with interest for now. Just thought would add some fuel to the Apache name, this document is from a p-38 pilot's training manual, which belonged to an associate of mine who obtained it from the pilot's mother, the pilot was kia over France a couple weeks after June 6 invasion, 1944. Anyway, this "Restricted" AAC document is the description of an Allison powered p-51..have shown also a drawing of this plane
Attached Thumbnails
Marek raises the bar with Mustangs!-img_0348.jpg   Marek raises the bar with Mustangs!-img_0349.jpg   Marek raises the bar with Mustangs!-img_0350.jpg   Marek raises the bar with Mustangs!-img_0351.jpg  
Old 10-06-2011, 12:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 54.96 MB
I love that cutaway drawing. It is one of two I found when searching for Mustang data. Anyone interested can download the original for those two cutaways (well, original on the web) here.

The source is a company called Sobchak Security, whatever that may be. (If publishing this link is offensive, please notify me, or admin for removal.)

I isolated the two cutaways and saved each of them in their original GIF format (too large to attach, unfortunately, and a .jpg file is even impossibly larger).