PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Kit Announcements

Old 06-01-2011, 07:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 4.31 MB
Thanks everyone and once again I apologize for the long wait.

I had originally intended to go through Fiddlers Green with these but Chip and I determined that they really did not fit in with the Fiddlers Green style. Several people suggested ECardmodels.com so I contacted them. I had heard nothing but good things about them.

I put some artwork in my photo gallery of the next four paint schemes (I have not had a chance to build them all yet). The next one to be completed will be the Nationalist Chinese Air Force B-24M.

Doubting Thomas, thanks for the photo and info on your father’s service with the Chinese. It is very interesting.

Swampfox made a good suggestion that I should post links to his threads on “The Dragon and His Tail”. His build thread should be particularly useful to those who order any of the B-24s.

http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/aviation/12954-b-24j-dragon-his-tail.html

http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/diorama/13227-b-24-diorama.html

Zathros, the B-17s are progressing very well. Right now I’m working on all the fuselage parts from the nose to the back of the radio room. I had decided to do all the different versions at one time and to break the model into sections. Once all the various versions of the front fuselage are done I will move on to the tail. As it is I have pretty much the forward fuselages for the B-17B thru B-17F almost complete.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a 10th B-24 model?
Old 06-01-2011, 08:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.66 GB
Hi John;
I have a couple of suggestions for the 10th Libby..An EZ-B24M Aerial Ice Reseach Lab, and an all weather flying center, both colorful and interesting to say the least..
Jeff
Attached Thumbnails
B-24s are now becoming available-060601-f-1234s-026.jpg   B-24s are now becoming available-3_25.jpg   B-24s are now becoming available-3_27.jpg  
Old 06-01-2011, 03:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 29.49 MB
Hi John,

It's good to see your B-24J's finally make it to market..... I hope they are well received...

I'd like to make a couple of suggestions to your request for a 10th model... I tend to base my likes on the artwork more than the history of an aircraft......

I also like 'cheese cake' pin-up art, so my likes tend in that direction.......

This isn't one of those times...... I'd like to suggest a B-24J from the 5th Air Force named "I'll be seeing you". Image below.
B-24s are now becoming available-ill-seeing-you-800.jpg

I also like another 5th AF B-24J "Out of the night II"
B-24s are now becoming available-out-night-ii-800.jpg

These aren't the best images, just photographed right out of the book.... if your interested, you know how to get a-hold of me.

later,
SFX
Old 06-01-2011, 06:00 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dell View Post
Thanks everyone and once again I apologize for the long wait.

I had originally intended to go through Fiddlers Green with these but Chip and I determined that they really did not fit in with the Fiddlers Green style. Several people suggested ECardmodels.com so I contacted them. I had heard nothing but good things about them.

I put some artwork in my photo gallery of the next four paint schemes (I have not had a chance to build them all yet). The next one to be completed will be the Nationalist Chinese Air Force B-24M.

Doubting Thomas, thanks for the photo and info on your father’s service with the Chinese. It is very interesting.

Swampfox made a good suggestion that I should post links to his threads on “The Dragon and His Tail”. His build thread should be particularly useful to those who order any of the B-24s.

http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/aviation/12954-b-24j-dragon-his-tail.html

http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/diorama/13227-b-24-diorama.html

Zathros, the B-17s are progressing very well. Right now I’m working on all the fuselage parts from the nose to the back of the radio room. I had decided to do all the different versions at one time and to break the model into sections. Once all the various versions of the front fuselage are done I will move on to the tail. As it is I have pretty much the forward fuselages for the B-17B thru B-17F almost complete.

Wow, that is awesome!!
Old 06-01-2011, 06:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 13.06 MB
i was going to suggest an assembly ship, but i'm happy to know you are doing one. they were so colorful...
Old 06-02-2011, 06:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
Anything with colorful nose art!

Wyvern
Old 06-02-2011, 07:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 113.01 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dell View Post
Hi John, I have a request for a model: tail number 42-95286, 15th AF, 449BG, 716BS "Lady In The Dark".

My neighbor when I was growing up was the navigator of this plane. It was shot down on 28 Dec 1944 and he was taken POW. He passed away 5 years ago and I would like to build this model to present it to his family.

A picture of the noseart can be found here:
LADY IN THE DARK (V2)

Squadron markings are simple, see "My Achin Back" at the bottom of this page:
http://downloads.flightsimfiles.com/category/14/5

Last edited by -Jim G; 06-02-2011 at 07:57 AM.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.66 GB
Here are some more for folks consideration, a leadship and some others. all interesting and some very colorfull..
Jeff
Attached Thumbnails
B-24s are now becoming available-3_28.jpg   B-24s are now becoming available-3_48.jpg   B-24s are now becoming available-3_62.jpg   B-24s are now becoming available-3_80.jpg   B-24s are now becoming available-3_80_a1.jpg  

Old 06-02-2011, 11:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 59.73 MB
How 'bout "Yo Yo"http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/images/attach/jpg.gif
Damned, I finally figured out how to do that !
Attached Thumbnails
B-24s are now becoming available-yo-yo.jpg  
Old 06-02-2011, 01:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 4.31 MB
There are some interesting ideas for model #10. Many of which I have never seen.

Does anyone else have any suggestions or shall we chose from what has been proposed? Let’s give it till the end of next week.

I’m sure many of you are familiar with this website…

http://www.b24bestweb.com/

They have many excellent photos of nose art and markings. I wish someone would do something similar with the B-17.
Google Adsense