PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Kit Announcements

Old 03-12-2012, 03:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Kärnan: The Keep of Helsingborg

Hi guys! Long time, no see.

After over 2 years of hard work, I'm finally done with my first real modeling attempt. It's a model of the remains of an old fortress in the city where I live, Helsingborg, Sweden.

I've published it in a book format, complete with some pages of historical data. It's currently for sale at 3 local book stores, and I'm working on getting it in at the tourist bureau, which is my primary target.

You can see sample pages from the book at my site: Papercraft of Sweden | bacontree.com

It was a really great experience, and it was especially rewarding to show my kids the entire process from design to seeing it in a store.
Google Adsense
Old 03-12-2012, 04:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 316.45 MB
Looks a nice model - thanks for sharing

Tim
Old 03-12-2012, 06:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thanks!

btw, if you're wondering why it took so long for such a simple model, I made the mesh using real photos, and I had to adjust all the bricks, 5-layers at a time, to straighten the perspective.

When I first decided to make the model, I thought it would be a piece of cake: just take some pictures and square the corners in photo shop.... But that left me short bricks at the top and tall bricks at the bottom. So I would guess about 90% of all the work was resizing all those bricks.

Tags
castle, helsingborg