PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Kit Announcements

Old 05-13-2012, 05:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 359.93 MB
I like FG and have been a big supporter of them for many years, but $20 for the Lancaster? A bit steep for this type of model maybe.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 59.42 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikischutt View Post
I like FG and have been a big supporter of them for many years, but $20 for the Lancaster? A bit steep for this type of model maybe.
I paid $15 for three months' Magic Keys at the start of April and have received thirty aircraft so far - including the Lancaster last week - along with several other models and, would you believe, my $15 refunded back as store credit!

I originally joined with the intention of getting the Typhoon but left it too late. But the store credit sorted that out for me, and still left me change for a Mitsubishi A5M.

$20 might seem steep for a 1/40th Lancaster, but 6 months' Magic Keys' refund will do the job, and plenty of change, and keep you in the loop until towards the end of the year.

Cheers,

Mike
Old 05-14-2012, 04:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.45 GB
Send a message via Yahoo to Sidewinder81777
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatsudoki View Post
I paid $15 for three months' Magic Keys at the start of April and have received thirty aircraft so far - including the Lancaster last week - along with several other models and, would you believe, my $15 refunded back as store credit!

I originally joined with the intention of getting the Typhoon but left it too late. But the store credit sorted that out for me, and still left me change for a Mitsubishi A5M.

$20 might seem steep for a 1/40th Lancaster, but 6 months' Magic Keys' refund will do the job, and plenty of change, and keep you in the loop until towards the end of the year.

Cheers,

Mike
I did the same thing :D gotta love those magic keys
Old 05-14-2012, 07:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 6.63 GB
I just wonder why there's no pictures of a finished, coloured model. I guess I'll just have to wait for a build thread here.

Scott K.
Old 05-14-2012, 03:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 29.49 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott K View Post
I just wonder why there's no pictures of a finished, coloured model. I guess I'll just have to wait for a build thread here.

Scott K.

You know Scott, you can sit around waiting for someone else to do a build thread, OR.............MAYBE you could start your own build thread....

Doing a build thread really teaches the builder a lot.... How to build a model for others, not just yourself.

AND most important of all.. THEY ARE HARD to do...... and you learn to understand why "Someone" else hasn't done one yet.......

It sure taught me a lot when I did a couple of my own build threads, try one, see what you can teach others...

I'll get off my soap box now, have a good day and a great build.

Swampfox
Google Adsense
Old 05-14-2012, 04:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.63 GB
My main point was, even if I could afford to buy one (which I can't), I already have 4 other versions of the Lancaster. The small amount of colour images I can see on FG's page look promising, but I would still want to see a completed build before deciding to spend $20.00 on yet another version.

Scott K.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 304.48 MB
I sent Chip another version of the Lancaster , and he said he'd add it to the kit .
So in reality you will get two Lancasters for 20 dollars !
The original model Is Guy Gibson's Lancaster .
The version i sent to Chip , is John McCarthy's Lancaster ( the only American to fly in the Dambusters raid).
Joe McCarthy - The RCAF's American Dambuster

Here's a link to a site with all the info you need to recreate the whole Dambusters squadron !
The Dambusters (617 Squadron)

All you really need to do is change the last letters , and the serial numbers on sheet three (lg model)
20 dollars really doesn't seem like alot now !
Old 05-15-2012, 04:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott K View Post
My main point was, even if I could afford to buy one (which I can't), I already have 4 other versions of the Lancaster. The small amount of colour images I can see on FG's page look promising, but I would still want to see a completed build before deciding to spend $20.00 on yet another version.

Scott K.

I, too would like to see more finished pictures, but that would not stop me from buying it. It's an FG model, we all know what to expect. Frankly, overall, it's going to be one of the better Lancasters out there.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.09 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikischutt View Post
The models is one or maybe the best FG model ever, like the Typhon is very well engineered of course in the FG Style without formers.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 133.06 MB
20 bucks for one FG model seems a bit steep.

But if you can afford that, why not spend 35 and get the entire FG Bomber collection? There are currently 14 models and almost all have more than one version.

Buy in bulk kids!
Google Adsense