PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Kit Announcements

Old 08-17-2013, 12:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 195.36 MB
The shop looks great, congratulations on getting it up and running. I like how you've added a picture of the actual parts sheet to show the buyer exactly what they get, I once purchased something that wasn't what it had been described as in the product description.

Now, on to other business (for your business hopefully).

I brought this up in a thread of yours early on so I'd like to bring it up again here. I like to add extra detail to a lot of the kits I build and as I usually paint my models, laser cut details are a great help. While there are a lot of sources for rivets and bolts out there, there's a lack of other stuff I would like to see, namely meshes/grates, ladders and in particular, laser embossed diamond plate steel. A lot of this stuff was available from Bruce Clemmens on his Avantcard.biz website which although the site is still there, he is no longer trading.

I have included below a couple of links to show exactly what I am talking about. Is there any chance you are planning on offering products like these? I would happily become a regular customer if you do as I'm sure others will also. You might also want to look into handrails for ships in popular scales.

AvantCard - Diamond Plate
AvantCard - Scale "Metal" Mesh

Another question I have possibly asked before, are you able to cut certain parts sheets from an existing kit as a "one off" type deal or is the setup etc not worth the hassle? As an example I mean something like the L586 free model I recently built... the wheels involved dozens of circles and the treads consisted of a whole A4 page of tiny parts I had to cut by hand from 2mm card... if I was to attempt a kit like this again (and i fully intend to) I would much rather pay someone to have these parts laser cut.

This brings me to another suggestion... Tyre treads. There are sites out there that provide laser cut treads for a couple of popular kits ie: the Modelik Scud and the Renova Kraz 255b to name just two. How about some generic tyre treads for truck modelers like myself, or perhaps this can be something else I could order as a custom service?

Just some food for thought for you there, I wish you all the best for your business venture and would be happy to discuss these product ideas further if you wish.

Currently Building: Angraf M1070/M1000
Old 08-17-2013, 12:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Ron, very nicely done, no clutter, easy to navigate. looking forward to more frames.

Excellent!
Jeff
Old 08-17-2013, 01:07 AM

Jaffro,
You do bring up many options that I had never really considered until now. It's taken me this long to become truly comfortable with the laser, get the bugs out etc. Now I'm starting to think that many of these things are truly viable. This weekend I'm going to play a bit and see what the capabilities of this laser truly are. In regard to the kit you mentioned, I'm downloading the 586 as I write this. Perhaps we can write the author/designer and see if he would mind. The 586 can be completely cut on the laser!. The kit is beautifully put together and I can see where fingers and blades would suffer! I don't have any 2mm stock at the moment but I'm sure laminating 2 identical pieces of 1mm wouldn't be so bad. I'll send a note off in the morning and see if I can get the designer's blessings. About the generic tire treads, I'm open to being pointed in the right direction and will investigate with a vengeance!

Jeff, thanks I'm glad you like it! More frames coming up
All the best!
Ron
Old 08-17-2013, 06:31 AM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Ron, just to see how small you can cut, I would try the Me-109. I've built those at
1/144 and they can be rather tiny.

Running along the same thought pattern as Jeff, and they are niche builders for sure,
the Currell airships might be worth talking to the author about. Those models would
benefit from a set nice, smooth, precut formers. Just another thought.

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 08-17-2013, 07:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Ron I have a couple of diamond plate sheets already done in vector.
if you can use them I'll send them to you.

another you can do is the psp...I can give you artwork for that too.
Google Adsense
Old 08-17-2013, 07:59 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 223.07 MB
and......... a laser etched WWII flight deck would be nice. All those tie downs would sure look better 3D etched than 2D printed.

My Drawings
Old 08-17-2013, 08:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
This is very good news. Best wishes for great success.

Don
Old 08-17-2013, 09:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 54.96 MB
Congratulations, Ron, and good luck! - Leif
Old 08-17-2013, 09:46 AM

Thanks so much for the well wishes guys

Ray, I'll try the 109 out at some point today. I'm really curious now!

Dave, thank you for the very kind offer! I'd be happy to try them out. Do you have my email address?

John, I wouldn't know where to start with a flight deck. Can you point me in the right direction?

I'm back to the laser. I received my first order last night from a member here
and it's keeping me busy

Thanks a million for your support everyone! It means the world to me and especially my Wife!
Old 08-17-2013, 09:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
Ron, your service is greatly appreciated, and the costs are reasonable. I hope you will provide ship railings...I would love to see ladders (45 degree and 60 degree), 2-rail and 3-rail, etc. all available on a single 8.5x11 sheet. For stuff like railings, bolt-heads, diamond plate, and such I would recommend using something like the hard-pressed stuff they make manila envelopes from. Continuing the wish list...a sheet of valve handles and such nautical stuff as winches and capstans. Going for broke...typical anti-aircraft stuff like bofors, 20-mm, 40-mm, and other good stuff in the 'normal' ship scales of 1:200, 1:250, 1:300, and 1:400.

PS---you will definitely be getting an order from me as soon as the bank account gets a cash transfusion the end of the month.

Last edited by Darwin; 08-17-2013 at 10:00 AM.
Google Adsense