PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Kit Announcements

Old 07-09-2009, 01:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
"Attack Tiger" U-Boat Type VII C 1/72 Fantasy Repaint by Dave Winfield

"Attack Tiger" U-Boat Type VII C 1/72 Fantasy Repaint by Dave Winfield

My newest repaint of Kookliks fabulous U-Boat! it contains all the original parts redone in a brand new FANTASY paint scheme.
"Germany's Underwater Secret Weapon?"
Known for their unique camouflage methods, this might have been something imagined by the Third Reich!

This kit includes a full Hull fantasy camo, new Insignia and Flags
and an updated Stand/Nameplate!

At the beginning of the WW2, German U-Boats controlled the Atlantic ocean from the European coast to North America. Their roll was to cut off the Allies shipping supplies. Most of the U-Boats were the Type VII which became the work horse type of German Kriegsmarine. The “Happy Time” period, ended after the allies improved their anti-submarine warfare. The U-Boats often became the hunted, instead of the hunter! To survive the patrols, U-Boats were fitted where possible with more powerful anti- aircraft guns, and a snorkel to help avoid detection while recharging batteries. This U-Boat model is the later type VII C equipped with 2 20mm anti-aircraft guns and 3.7 cm flak gun on the wintergarden. The type VII was still serving Germany until the end of the war. U-Boat Type VII C specification Length Full Hull: 67.1 metres Pressure hull 50.5 metres Beam: 6.2 metres Beam pressure hull 4.7 metres Speed: 33 klm per hr surfaced 14 klm per hr submerged. Armament: Deck gun C35 88 mm/L45 with 220 rounds Various 3.7 cm Flak with 1,195 rounds 2ŚC30 20 mm with 4,380 rounds Crew: 44-52 men depending on the mission

Get it directly here: 1/72 U-Boat Type VII C Attack Tiger Fantasy Camo by Dave Winfield (Kooklik Repaints) -

Check out the images below, taken from the actual Model Sheets
Attached Thumbnails
"Attack Tiger" U-Boat Type VII C 1/72 Fantasy Repaint by Dave Winfield-attack-tiger-snap-1.jpg   "Attack Tiger" U-Boat Type VII C 1/72 Fantasy Repaint by Dave Winfield-attack-tiger-snap-2.jpg   "Attack Tiger" U-Boat Type VII C 1/72 Fantasy Repaint by Dave Winfield-attack-tiger-u-boat-rendering.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 07-09-2009, 03:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
OK, I like it. Strange, but I can see it being real!
CT
Old 07-09-2009, 09:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to treadhead1952
Yep, yep, got my E Mail ad today and had to take a gander at it. I can see I will be snagging either this or the North Atlantic version soon. For the price, I could buy all three, plus a couple of PE sets to use with them and still have a hunk of change left over from what they want for the plastic versions.:D
Old 07-09-2009, 09:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
I think I sea a see zebra!
Old 07-09-2009, 09:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
KOOL - KAMO Dave!
Google Adsense