PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Kit Announcements

Old 02-10-2024, 03:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 19.48 MB
[New] 1/72 Curtiss P-40E Warhawk - Edward F Rector's Legacy

Introducing Kit Number 194: Curtiss P-40E Warhawk - Flown by Edward F Rector

Expand Your 1/72 Series with Digital Excellence!

Delve into the thrilling saga of aviation history with our meticulously crafted 1/72 scale digital model of the Curtiss P-40E Warhawk, featuring the iconic aircraft flown by the legendary Edward F Rector.

The Curtiss P-40E Warhawk stood as a symbol of valor and determination during World War II. Dive into its rich history, from the fierce battles of the skies to the courageous pilots who flew them.

Our model comes in digital format, empowering you to print and assemble this masterpiece at your leisure. With no physical models shipped, enjoy the flexibility of creating your Warhawk in the comfort of your home.

Designed for ease of construction, this model is perfect for enthusiasts of all levels. Step-by-step instructions ensure a smooth and enjoyable building experience, allowing you to showcase your Warhawk with pride.

Connect with like-minded enthusiasts, share tips, and celebrate your completed projects. Our community thrives on your passion for aviation and modeling excellence.

Embark on an unforgettable journey as you bring Edward F Rector's Curtiss P-40E Warhawk to life. Order your 1/72 scale model today at https://thaipaperwork.wixsite.com/on...dward-f-rector

We deeply appreciate your support. If you'd like to contribute further, consider donating at Thaipaperwork is Card model designer - Buymeacoffee Your generosity fuels our commitment to designing more models for the community.

**Thank you for being a part of our journey! Together, we soar to new heights.**

Attached Thumbnails
1/72 Curtiss P-40E Warhawk - Edward F Rector's Legacy-194-cover.jpg   1/72 Curtiss P-40E Warhawk - Edward F Rector's Legacy-194-sample.jpg   1/72 Curtiss P-40E Warhawk - Edward F Rector's Legacy-194-instruction.jpg  

Last edited by NOBI; 02-10-2024 at 04:24 AM.
Google Adsense
Old 02-10-2024, 06:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 3.21 GB
Quite interesting.
Old 02-10-2024, 06:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 935.52 MB
Another great looking kit, Nobi. Nicely done.

Gary

Design Group Alpha
https://ecardmodels.com/vendors/design-group-alpha
Old 02-10-2024, 06:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 136.69 MB
Interesting that it has no national markings on the fuselage or tail.
Do you have a photo of an assembled model or test build?
Old 02-10-2024, 08:25 AM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
So, for some reason, I have not been able to purchase Nobi's kits for a while now.
Whether I use my pc or phone, I get a card declined message (trust me, it works everywhere else ).
I have tried allowing third party cookies, changing settings in the browser, etc.
Phone uses safari, pc uses chrome. Any ideas?

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Google Adsense
Old 02-10-2024, 10:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Got it! Another beautiful model.

Simon - I am typing off the top of my head without checking references, but as I recall, the American Volunteer Group (AVG), or "Flying Tigers," did not paint the Nationalist Chinese national marking on the fuselages of their P-40s. When the unit was incorporated into the USAAF as the 23rd Fighter Group (on the 4th of July(!) 1942) there was a period when the Nationalist (Republic of China) roundels were painted over with U.S. insignia and in lieu of national insignia on the fuselage some aircraft had symbolic representations of a flying tiger (tiger wilth wings as in Major Rector's aircraft) or a tiger with wings wearing a red-white-and-blue Uncle Sam top hat leaping through a Chinese Nationalist insignia so as to hit all the symbolic notes at one time).

Photo caption: "Former members of the American Volunteer Group, Flying Tigers, serving with the 23rd Fighter Group, standing beside a Curtiss P-40, Kunming, China, July 1942. Left to right: Maj. John R. Alison, Maj. David Lee "Tex" Hill, Capt. Albert J. "Ajax" Baumler, and 1st Lt. Mack A. Mitchell. National Archives and Records Administration, Washington, D.C., Record Group 342. (http://www.footnotelibrary.com/image/#28827964)."

Ray - This Dogface had no problem making the purchase with my credit card. I am jusing Windows 10 and Edge with a PC.

Don
Attached Thumbnails
1/72 Curtiss P-40E Warhawk - Edward F Rector's Legacy-23rdfg_kinming_july_1942_insignia.jpg  
Old 02-10-2024, 05:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 322.93 MB
Got the model- excellent work Nobi.

By sheer coincidence this morning I was watching a Yarnhub video on YT about another P-40 pilot Lt Philip R. Adair and his flight with Zeros. I think I've seen somewhere a model of his Burma Banshee P-40 ,I just have to find it. It would make great companion to Nobi model.
Old 02-10-2024, 10:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.48 MB
A huge thank you to everyone for all your support. Every bit of support will allow me to design new models for this wonderful community. I will continue to strive to create good work for everyone.

@siwi I have a picture of my test build before I went to the hospital. The assembly may not be neat, but it should give you an idea of what the model I designed looks like.

@Ray I'm sorry that the Buymeacoffee website doesn't support your purchase. I will try to find another way to receive payment from you without any problems. (Please also check your email, I have something for you.)

I would be happy and grateful if you would be kind enough to buy me a coffee or two at Thaipaperwork is Card model designer - Buymeacoffee as a token of encouragement or to support my daily expenses.

**Thank you again for everything!**
Attached Thumbnails
1/72 Curtiss P-40E Warhawk - Edward F Rector's Legacy-image0.jpg  
Old 02-11-2024, 09:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 204.72 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butelczynski View Post
Got the model- excellent work Nobi.

By sheer coincidence this morning I was watching a Yarnhub video on YT about another P-40 pilot Lt Philip R. Adair and his flight with Zeros. I think I've seen somewhere a model of his Burma Banshee P-40 ,I just have to find it. It would make great companion to Nobi model.
Oh those Banshee P-40N are quite a sight to look at. I do not have the best references for P-40s, but the biggest differences would be a longer rear fuselage, tail planes moved forward some, and the changes to the cockpit to allow for a better view to the rear for the pilot.

Nobi, how much work would it take to modify your 3D model for changes like that, then to export back out to a 2D card model? I imagine that it is not as simple as it sounds.

Doug
Old 02-11-2024, 11:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 136.69 MB
Thanks NOBI and thanks for sending the B-26 through as well. I like to see a picture of real model even if just a white test build to get a feel for the detail and the size of the parts.
Google Adsense