PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Kit Reviews

Old 03-29-2008, 08:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 103.2 KB
Scud Launcher's Grandfather

Modelik looks to have a wonderful model of a Scud Launcher based on a Russian Maz vehicle. Extrapolating from my previous build, its 7,000+ part, however, would take me something like 12 1/2 years to build. My Orel Models Katusha rocket launcher based on a 1943 USA Studebaker lead-lease vehicle might possibly be called the Scud launcher's grandfather. It is also has a much saner parts count of around 1,000 parts.

Scud Launcher's Grandfather-forum-1.jpg

Orel models has some very nice models, attractive prices especially when you order from their website www.papermodeling.net and even more attractive postage prices. I had them ship this model together with two other models to me here in Zambia. This was an experiment to see it I could get models to me here in Zambia. The alternative is to wait until Christmas or summer break for my oldest son to bring me them from the USA were he is attending school. Perils here in Zambia are uncertain delivery and long delivery times. It took them a long time to arrive here and that is the downside to inexpensive postage. I sort of expected a long wait and it was, but I can say that Michail at Orel worked very hard--probably above and beyond the call of duty--to get these models to me If he can get them to me in Zambia he will get them to anyone anywhere in the world. They were well packed and arrived intact.

The Studebaker/Katusha launcher has 12 pages of directions. They are in English, German, Polish and Ukrainian.

Scud Launcher's Grandfather-forum-4.jpg Scud Launcher's Grandfather-forum-5.jpg

There are 14 pages of parts. They look well printed. The color is consistent from page to page.

Scud Launcher's Grandfather-forum-2.jpg Scud Launcher's Grandfather-forum-3.jpg

It looks like a real winner.

Phil
Google Adsense