Model: Tyn 6 3636 ADW-019
Producer: A.D.WANDTKE (ADW)
Author/Designer: Adrian Wandtke of ANSWER ANGRAF Models fame
ISSN:2081-3724

Scale 1:25
Complexity: 5 / 5
Format Workbook: B4
Pages: 14

There are two sets of laser cut parts available from ANSWER -ANGRAF. One for the 6 main wheels and one for frames. I purchased neither and may regret it later .

The model is very well printed with all 12 pages of parts on good quality card stock. There are two pages of text history and instructions in Polish and 13 pages of diagrams. The diagrams are large, clear and highly detailed. Hopefully they will be sufficient to the task. The model's center two pages comprise a very nice 4 view poster of the engine by the illustrator Andzej Rutkowiak.

The parts are not overly crowded with assembly parts nicely grouped together. The colors (red, black and green mostly) are evenly printed with excellent registration. The parts have no real texture effects as this is accomplished by building up all the highly detailed sub assemblies.

...eol
Attached Thumbnails
ADW Tyn 6 3636-tyn6-1.jpg   ADW Tyn 6 3636-tyn6-2.jpg   ADW Tyn 6 3636-tyn6-3.jpg   ADW Tyn 6 3636-tyn6-4.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 04-10-2011, 11:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
A very pretty tank locomotive, Douglas.

You have great circle-cutting skill, but that running gear looks like a proper challenge.

Don
Old 04-10-2011, 12:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
A very pretty tank locomotive, Douglas.

You have great circle-cutting skill, but that running gear looks like a proper challenge.

Don
I agree they will be a challenge but fortunately there are not too many of them. I have been following Adam's (HIOB) build of the Angraf TY 2 here and will be using his techniques. In fact I ordered an airbrush kit and some Humbrol Metalcote yesterday. All the major wheel parts have been laminated and are drying as I write this.

The airbrush kit had to be something quiet and usable in my limited work area. So I ordered one intended for decorating cakes, temporary tattoos and nail art. It will be reviewed in a different thread once I try it out. I have never used one so it should be interesting.