PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Kit Reviews

Old 01-15-2012, 12:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.63 MB
Halinski military model M4A4 Sherman VC firefly

I liked the look of this model on their website and it looked a nice challenge of a build.
I was amazed at the level of detail this kit contains, so much so I think that I will make two engines and have one outside of the tank. There are three versions of tank. You can make one from a Polish tank regiment. One from the Northamptonshire Yeomanry and a third version that is plain, so you can have it as a factory finish or put your own markings on the tank. There are also some spare parts off difficult build items like the barrel and the turret inside.
there is only one criticism with the kit and that is as some of the instruction illustrations could do whith little bit more contrast the tones in the image tend to be the same.
Attached Thumbnails
Halinski military model M4A4 Sherman VC firefly-sherman-small-1.jpg   Halinski military model M4A4 Sherman VC firefly-sherman-small2.jpg   Halinski military model M4A4 Sherman VC firefly-sherman-small5.jpg   Halinski military model M4A4 Sherman VC firefly-sherman-small.jpg   Halinski military model M4A4 Sherman VC firefly-sherman-small-3.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 01-15-2012, 12:36 PM

continuation

some more pictures of the kit and a question
Being from Wiltshire I thought I would make up a tank with Wiltshire Yeomanry markings on it. Only there is a sight problem as they were in Italy. Up until the time that firefly was introduced in August 44 when the Wiltshire Yeomanry recalled back to UK. So some advice. Do I put markings on the tank for a regiment that didn't have fireflys issued to them,and was no longer in Italy. Or do I use a regiment that had firefly's?
I did think possibly one of the Canadian regiments. The only thing is with the Canadian regiments is that they tended to put a lot of track on the tank has additional armour, which would mean making extra track not sure if i'm that much of a masochist.
Attached Thumbnails
Halinski military model M4A4 Sherman VC firefly-sherman-small-4.jpg   Halinski military model M4A4 Sherman VC firefly-sherman-small6.jpg   Halinski military model M4A4 Sherman VC firefly-sherman-small7.jpg   Halinski military model M4A4 Sherman VC firefly-sherman-small-9.jpg   Halinski military model M4A4 Sherman VC firefly-shermansmall5.jpg  

Old 01-16-2012, 12:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 210.47 MB
I received this model a month ago and I am also about ready to start building it. I am building the model in the British livery. This is the most complex paper armor kit I have seen there are 44 pages to the kit with several double sided pages. The only complaint I have is that the underside of the gun tube is white most were painted blue but that is an easy fix. I remember a build of this model on a Polish or Russian site where the builder had an interesting approach to building the tracks which added detail and made the tracks easer to build. I will see if I can find it and send the link to you.

Jim Nunn
Old 01-16-2012, 07:16 AM

thanks that wold be nice have not stared cuting paper but have been doing the metal parts have done 360 of the 400 track pins and have allso got the laser cut parts as there are some small bits around the turret that i found hard to cutout well to do it justis on a trial build