PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Kit Reviews

Old 02-24-2012, 04:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.24 GB
1/48 dehavilland fox moth, g-acej

I'm in a reviewing mood today...

This is a CONTOUR CREATIVE STUDIO kit. Got this when it was first posted at ECardmodels. Write up is from the site..
The DH-83 Fox Moth was designed to be an economical light airliner, using many of the same components as the Tiger Moth trainer, and capable of carrying three to four passengers in addition to the pilot.

This paper model depicts a U.K.-civil-registered Fox Moth, G-ACEJ , flying with the Scottish Motor Traction Co. LTD., during 1933.
Paper Model Details: 144 parts on three pages, with illustrated instructions and photo build sequence. Layered wheels and prop, duo-fold struts, engine exhaust, and landing gear legs. Full cockpit; optional clear or opaque canopy, opaque passenger compartment glazing. Degree of Difficulty: 4/5.

Printed mine on letter size 67lb Bristol Vellum.. IMO, this is an outstanding kit. Great graphics, with very good instructions. Love the little details. From what I understand, they have a number of some rare early birds in the works, and if the quality is like this, I'll be buying them. I had their "Breguet 14T", but lost that and a number of goodies when my old PC went south, and that was just as fine as this beauty.

My printed copies...
Google Adsense
Old 02-24-2012, 06:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
They are beautiful models - I haven't any of their new range of 1/48 models yet but have upsized the 1/72 ones I have to 1/48 (fingers, eyes...the old problem)...
Old 02-24-2012, 06:10 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
watching!