PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Kit Reviews

Old 04-10-2012, 11:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.39 MB
Pm3

I would like to present you a set which I have not seen introduced anywhere else.
It is a booklet of the locomotive and tender Pm3 from the Polish publisher Angraf, in the usual larger railway scale 1:25.
According to the attached technical information it was produced between 1939 and 1941 by the German Borsig AG. Only one known example remained in the world owned by the Railway Museum in Warsaw.
At first it has a strikingly streamlined hull, an interesting openable two-wing service door at the front and an elegant skirt along the body of the loco.
Its dominant colour is green with red wheels, decorative stripes and tanks. The parts covered by hull are black.
Apart from its amazig bodyline the next striking information is about the number of the parts: it reaches 8.400. Yes, eight thousand and four hundred. An imposing figure. But it is not the rivets which mulitply it but the thoroughly planned details.
The format of the booklet is slightly larger than the DINA4. 61 (!) pages of coloured elements wait for the guided assembly of 31 pages of drawings.
The length of the locomotive and the tender is 95 centimetres, the highest point is 18.2 cms.
From the above description you can see it is an extraordinary piece of railway. Though I have some reservations about the methods and sense of cutting out some of the very tiny parts, mainly rivets, other operating units are almost as detailed as the original. A magnificent school of planning.
Railway-loving professionals - sign on!
Attached Thumbnails
Pm3-cimlap.jpg   Pm3-vastagsag.jpg   Pm3-osszeall.-1.jpg   Pm3-osszeall.-2.jpg   Pm3-alk.-1.jpg  

Pm3-alk.2.jpg   Pm3-lezer-1.jpg   Pm3-lezer-kerekek-1.jpg   Pm3-lezer-kerekek-2.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 04-10-2012, 11:12 AM

Well, the laser-cut wheels and all other parts are not a part of the basic set. I was very lucky to get the booklet and the lasered set for a bargain. :-) Let the fool be lucky sometimes. :-)))))))
Old 04-10-2012, 11:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
What an awesome looking locomotive and an amazing looking kit (8,400 pieces!).

Good luck, I wouldn't have the courage to build it.

D
Old 04-10-2012, 11:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
Unusual looking subject. Look forward to your build.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
It is one of THE beautiful locomotives of its' era, ranking alongside the Mallard, for example, of similar aesthetically beautiful streamlining.

I'm certainly going to be interested in the build of your kit, because it will be a "labour of love" to complete it, as I'm certain you shall.

Genial and Respectful Regards, Uyraell.

"Honi-Soit Qui Mal'Y Pense."
"Ill unto He who ill of it thinks."
- Ed.III Rex Britaniam, AD1348.
Google Adsense
Old 04-10-2012, 12:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 316.45 MB
Going to be following this thread.

Kit looks a real labour of love

Tim
Old 04-13-2012, 03:26 AM

Thanks Gentlemen for your excellent attention.
The intention of my post was to introduce this wonderful kit but it has to take a backseat until my earlier project -the CID passenger wagon- get finished. I will publish the wagon as soon as I get to a stage that is ready enough to be pictured.

Regards,
chris