PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Kit Reviews

Old 06-28-2012, 03:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 13.79 MB
There's a Duck that's still flying at the air museum here in florida near Cape Canaveral. The owner says that it's fun to fly, but he hates having to "fishtail" before takeoff due to the poor forward visability on a runway, and once airborne, it tends to veer to the side due to the propwash moving arround the "bananna nose".

The Grumman Duck was always my favorite aircraft. True it won't win a beauty contest, but it's ruggedness, range, and versatility are hard to match.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.44 MB
Alrighty! Sweet choice Wad, I'm looking forward to seeing how you put this one together.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 76.03 MB
That guy that has to sit in the float area must have a spring cushioned seat, otherwise a hard water landing could really mess up the back. Ouch!
Old 07-03-2012, 12:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 55.12 MB
Flyin g Duck

Fantasy of Flight museum in Polk City has the flyable duck.
Nobi Junkers SRF BETA build - BETA Build: Nobi's Junkers SRF 1:48 scale
Old 07-03-2012, 12:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.66 GB
There is also a flyable Duck here in Oregon at the Tillamook NAS museum as well. I can post pics when I get home from work this week.
Jeff
Google Adsense
Old 07-03-2012, 12:59 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Pacifica, Calif. near the coast over looking the Pacific Ocean near San Francisco
Total Downloaded: 842.88 MB
The Duck

The build is going slow. Learning a different fuselage construction was one set back. Learning what glue is used is another problem. So far the fuselage is done minus the float which is coming along. A very interesting aircraft and lots to learning as I go. willy is miles a head of me and his photos are a major help. He's a great mentor and I would be lost with out him. Sorry for the slow build but I have a few things going on in my life so time is pulling every which way. Stay tuned, much more to come. wc
Attached Thumbnails
Grumman J2F Duck-dscn1672.jpg   Grumman J2F Duck-dscn1669.jpg   Grumman J2F Duck-dscn1674.jpg   Grumman J2F Duck-dscn1673.jpg  
Old 07-05-2012, 06:42 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Pacifica, Calif. near the coast over looking the Pacific Ocean near San Francisco
Work Goes On.

Due to unforeseen circumstances not so beyond my lack of control, I’ve had to crap can the lot and star a new. The Float Fairing connecting to the fuselage had a slight deviation. Miss it by 1/32 of an inch to much I guess and it threw off the whole build. Willygoat was right when he said it was a S.O.B. Already printed the two pages needed and cutting has commenced. Sorry about this sports fans. wad
Old 07-05-2012, 09:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 76.03 MB
I gave you warning at least. The fuselage and floats were coming along nicely. I like your idea of the little clothes pins. Very clever!
Old 07-06-2012, 10:01 AM
Eternal Member

About those clothes pins. What I realy like is they grab the paper tight enough with out leaving any marks and get into small tight areas too. Yes you did warn me about that part of the model. I know where I went wrong(I think)so next time I will come at it from a different direction. Just looking at the Float Fairing and how it lines up to the fuselege looks stright forward until it too late. By then the trap is set and spung and it's game, set and match over. But yes, you did warn me. Go have some of those black fish egg things. Just send me a few jars if you can bag them. Not empty! Beluga is so yummy.
Old 07-06-2012, 02:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
That last thumbnail was the box art for the old Glencoe plastic kit. which is actually of the earlier JF Duck, the J2F had a deeper engine cowling.
Google Adsense