PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Kit Reviews

Old 07-17-2012, 11:16 AM
Eternal Member

Location: Pacifica, Calif. near the coast over looking the Pacific Ocean near San Francisco
Total Downloaded: 842.88 MB
July Up-date

Fuselage

Float

Wings and Fuselage

I'm not happy on the way the fuselage came out. I have noticed that the more you handle these models the more they suffer. I tried to reinforce the fuselage and that helped a little bit. The float and its faring is a mother or at least it is for me. The wings came out good so at least I'm happy with that. The more I look at the Duck and then I look at another build I really appreciate the craftsmanship of what talent you guys have. I haven’t been able to spend the time I would like with her but now the house is mine and I hope the late spring cleaning is over. So with model printed again, I start again. I won’t give her up or walk away from her. I’ve seen willygoat’s Duck and I know I can get it. It just takes me longer. So if you can bear with me. wc
Old 07-17-2012, 11:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 76.03 MB
Hey there Waddy! Just got back from the Baltic. No, I didn't get any caviar. Too rich for my blood and too gross for my tongue.

I see you've made some progress. One thing that might help keep the fuselage in shape while handling is packing it with tissue or what I like, paper towels. if you stuff it after you've got everything on but the engine, it will stiffen up and make it slightly more durable. You could try the same with the floats too. That might be a bit harder, but could still work.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:40 AM
Eternal Member

Location: Pacifica, Calif. near the coast over looking the Pacific Ocean near San Francisco
Total Downloaded: 842.88 MB
There ya are. I just sent you a up-date through FG. Did you see the F-104 yet? Man oh man she looks sweet. That is a great idea about stuffing it and one I never though of. I have her printed again and I will do that. The float faring is one hard nut to crack. Finding the right place to start the gluing and how much to use. This is a real thinker and yet there you are making it look so easy. But I would have been lost without your photos and ideas. I'm still plugging away at it. Got the house all to myself so let's see how much damage I can do now. Talk on you later. Oh, what happen to the photos of your trip? wc