PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Kit Reviews

Old 10-27-2012, 02:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
PK Graphica Kenworth W900 and East Trailer

I just unpacked my latest order from Orlik, and wanted to tell you about a couple of the kits. (Murph, this post is for you) PK Graphica has published a series of truck models in 1:32 scale. Their early kits were more basic than I really care for, lacking interiors and engine compartment detail, but the level of detail in their kits has steadily increased, and today is as good as any publishing house in the field. The construction diagrams are also up to what one has come to expect, with nicely rendered vector graphics and plenty of exploded views of the parts. My only remaining gripe is that English translations of the written instructions are not included. Two of their most recent kits are the subject of this review...kits number 55, Kenworth W900 Tractor, and number 56, an East trailer for the tractor to haul around.

PK Graphica Kenworth W900 and East Trailer-small-cover.jpg

PK Graphica Kenworth W900 and East Trailer-small-pic.jpg

PK Graphica Kenworth W900 and East Trailer-small-cover-ken.jpg

The Kenworth tractor can only be described as one stunning model. The kit includes a fully detailed interior, including the sleeper, and engine compartment. It has five pages of instructions and seven pages of parts, printed on A4 paper. Paper quality is as good a quality cardstock as we have come to expect in new kits, printing is excellent, and the graphics are shaded to really make details look three dimensional. There are enough little fiddly bits included that even when enlarged to 1:24 scale the model will still be an attention getter. My comments on the East trailer are the same as for the Kenworth.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Looks interesting, especially the trailer.