PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Kit Reviews

Old 10-03-2007, 05:01 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
Model-Hobby Bf 109T-1

I just received two copies (yes, I need a backup) of Model-Hobby's Bf 109T-1 (carrier version of the 109 series). The plane is one of those flown from the Graf Zeppelin in the Norway campaign of May 1942. Design is by Rafael Ciesieslki (his given name is very appropriate!), with cover art by the master, Jaroslaw Wrobel.

I have not done a part count, but it's in the 1000+ range -- pretty high for a 1:33 WWII fighter. Some of the parts are so small as to be on the edge of visibility. Some good circular punches would help. The printing is very detailed and, on first glance, very accurate. There is a complete DB601N engine to assemble if you want to open the access doors or construct a diorama -- and that takes up a page or more of tiny parts. Other options for building a model with greater or lesser detail are also included (control surfaces, etc.).

Instructions are in Polish. I have asked Model-Hobby if English instructions will be made available, but have not yet heard back.

A vacuformed canopy and wooden wheels are available from Model-Hobby. I have not seen any info on laser-cut formers. I did note that my shipment came with about six sheets of nice cardboard -- though I don't know if that was for construction or protection. (There was also a sheet of corrugated cardboard, which might have been the protection.) My order was placed on September 10, and the package arrived on October 2 -- roughly three weeks later. I did place my order right after availability was announced so there may have been some startup delays.

All in all, this is a model that out-Halinski's Halinski. I really want to build it, but will have to wait until I have a 3-month window available. And maybe new glasses....

Beta build images are available on the Model-Hobby site at http://wydawnictwo.model-hobby.pl/en/index.php

www.geoghegan.us
Current build: GPM Halberstadt DII
Google Adsense
Old 10-03-2007, 05:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 587.2 KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBill View Post
... Design is by Rafael Ciesieslki (his given name is very appropriate!), ....
As much as I like the comparison, his name is Rafal Ciesielski
Old 10-03-2007, 05:14 PM
Aviation Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
Thanks for the review. Did you get the 'special edition' with multiple color schemes for either kit?
And I do remember seeing that there were laser cut frames available for this kit.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:44 AM
Eternal Member

Mike: I stand corrected. It would be nice though if "Rafal" were Polish for "Rafael".
Dan: No, I got the original kit with the single color scheme. I looked for laser cut parts when I ordered, but didn't see any at that time. I'll have to look again.
I did hear from Piotr that he will be making English and German translations available in another week or so.

www.geoghegan.us
Current build: GPM Halberstadt DII
Old 10-04-2007, 07:27 AM
Aviation Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
Unless I'm mistaken, this is a link to laser cut frames for this kit. It's quite possible I'm wrong though - so sorry if I am
Old 10-04-2007, 09:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.95 MB
Send a message via ICQ to Johnny
There are lasercuts available!
I got them
Just check my review of the same plane a bit down the thread!