PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Kit Reviews

Old 12-17-2007, 02:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
1/1 AK47 Paper Gun Model Kit

Did not know where else to put this as it is not free or a military vehicle.

It looks pretty good though -> http://www.likecool.com/AK47_Paper_G...get--Gear.html
Google Adsense
Old 12-17-2007, 04:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Interesting but 5 sheets for $30+shipping. =\
Old 02-13-2009, 01:50 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to treadhead1952
Hmmm, think I will stick to the real one instead. Not only does it work as advertised, it also has a bit more heft to it, suitable for use as a club. :D

Amongst all the various kits that I recently recieved in my windfall of paper models, I found a Fly Model Ingram Mac 10 in 1/1 scale. Looking it over, it does indeed look like it would build up into an authentic looking one if care is taken in building.

I had a chance to shoot a real one long ago in a little country in South East Asia when we ran across some Navy Seals, one of whom favored the little burp gun so I know something about it. The owners' comments on how long the silencer lasted in use, not long, the more you use it the less effective it is and the availability of replacement parts convinced me that I didn't want one in combat.

A side note to these sort of models, taking one outside in the real world is not recommended. If an officer of the law sees it, until you can identify it to him as a model and not for real, things could be rather sticky if you get my drift. I don't like being held at gunpoint by anyone, especially if all I got in my hands is a bit of cardboard.

Jay Massey
treadhead1952
Las Vegas, NV
Old 02-13-2009, 03:26 PM

nice paper model, but when i rotate back to the real world, i'll probably buy the airsoft model instead so i won't miss my AK-47 (which is sort of a frankenstein as i use an M-4 butt stock instead of the folding stock). great gun... low maintenance, though a bit heavy lugging around but so easy to disassemble that even a moron like me can manage.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 21.91 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by treadhead1952 View Post
A side note to these sort of models, taking one outside in the real world is not recommended. If an officer of the law sees it, until you can identify it to him as a model and not for real, things could be rather sticky if you get my drift. I don't like being held at gunpoint by anyone, especially if all I got in my hands is a bit of cardboard.
I'm pretty sure that here you get in trouble even for having fake weapons in public. That's why all the toy guns are so unrealistically coloured and have giant pink caps on the barrel.
Makes me wonder what would happen if you paint a real gun like a toy...
Old 02-13-2009, 07:37 PM
Aviation Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
In the early '90's - my young and stupid days - we used to play paintball in the courtyard of a public building - an abortion clinic that had a history of violent protesting no less. Luckily we never ran across an law enforcement officers, but I have a feeling if we had - we wouldn't have been real happy about it.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:54 PM

Oh dear. I guess I hafta tell this one.

Back about 1986 or so a group of my friends decided to try a variation on the "Host a Murder" party. Being a bunch of James Bond/John Lecarre et c. fans the story was based around the assassination of the 'Ambassador' at the 'Embassy' - being one girl's father and house respectively.
I was a member of the 'terrorists' involved, one of the insiders who was supposed to lead the group on a merry scavenger hunt throughout St Louis. Bear in mind this was in the days before orange tips and bright colours were required on toy guns in the US.
Wearing ski-masks and carrying very lifelike battery operated squirt guns (2 uzis and a Tek 9 IIRC) we burst in, secured the 'embassy' , dampened the 'ambassador' and fled leaving leaving a handful of clues behind.
Times have changed a lot, as on of the neighbors actually stepped up to help close the tailgate of our getaway car amidst the commotion.

Skip ahead an hour or so, to a pay phone in front of a train station (Kirkwood MO pretty building) where we lay in wait for our friends to arrive to recieve a call that would be a clue.
They phone rang, they got the call and as they stood around trying to figure out what to do next we burst upon them with the squirt guns. There was much squealing and screaming from the girls, and squealing tyres as they escaped.
Boy that was fun! Lets refill the squirt guns and wait for the next car and do it all over again!

The next car was a partol car. the car after that was another patrol car.

Sooooo.... I had the dubious joy of standing in the glare of headlights, very slowly opening my trenchcoat and very very slowly, with great attention to the direction the muzzle was pointing, removing a scary black squirt gun.
The lead cop snatched it out of my hand and nearly flung it across the parking lot as he discovered that it weighed much less than expected. After cancelling the back up and SWAT team, he asked our story, and so we explained about the party, and that everyone involved was in on it and so on.
About that time the car full of our 'victims' returned to corroborate our stories.
We were advised that it probably wasn't the best idea to be doing this sort of thing.

The crowning glory however was that, before returning my squirt gun, the sergeant called his partner over and absolutely soaked him<g>
Old 02-13-2009, 10:30 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to treadhead1952
That was a good one.:D

A goodly number of years ago when I lived back in my little home town in Arkansas, I had the dubious honor of being selected to be the night security officer at our tiny college. This was about mid 70's and one of the faculty decided they would host a similar affair on a Saturday night, naturally without telling their armed and freshly returned from the late SE Asia war games security officer. The residence that was chosen as the "murder scene" was the Dean of Student on campus housing, a spooky looking stone affair with three levels, trees and shrubs all over.

I was alerted to the nefarious goings on when I heard what sounded like a couple of fire crackers going off and a rather blood curdling woman's scream. With adrenalin running high, Smith and Wesson .357 Highway Patrolman in hand I jogged up to the door just in time for the "perpatrator" to come dashing out the door and down the steps with what appeared to be a snub nosed .38 in one hand. We were eyeball to eyeball for a half a second, it seemed like days for him he later claimed in reminiscing about the incident. It was highly unpleasant to be staring at what appeared to him to be a railroad tunnel sized opening in the end of the barrel.

He was white as a sheet with Mr. S&W pointing directly at him, when he unwisely started to bring his gun hand up I slapped it out of his hand and it landed with a rather plastic clatter to the ground. I knew who he was, the Dean of Students, a short pudgy little guy who wouldn't hurt a fly, the resident preacher at their church, father of 5 kids and also the guy who had hired me. I sighed, shook my head, put the S&W away and looked at him.

"What the hell is going on, Dr. ****( name withheld for obvious reasons)?"

As he tried to stammer out an explaination the porch lights came on, half of the faculty came out on the porch and it soon became obvious just how frightened the good Doctor had been by the rather large dark spot spreading across his trousers. I retrieved his "toy" and took it away with me shaking my head. The next day I fully expected to be canned.

Actually the next day when I arrived a rather sheepish looking Dean of Students came to the door of the guard shack and asked if he could have his sons' toy gun back. I explained that should he decide to host any more functions of this nature, it would be a good idea to tell the guy who was supposed to be guarding the place about it, just so he wouldn't be tempted to start blowing holes in folks. He explained that he actually was amazed to see me appear on the scene that fast, obviously in control of the situation and calm enough to not shoot first and ask questions later, oh yeah, and please don't tell the Dean of the college about this..........

I later found out that the Dean was off for the weekend and the staff had been wanting to do this for some time but chose to wait until he was not likely to find out about it. It was also good that he was the gentlemen who took in my reports of the activities, I am quite sure that evenings precedings were lost somewhere in the shuffle.

Jay Massey
treadhead1952
Las Vegas, NV
Old 02-14-2009, 03:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 103.2 KB
In Zambia the AK-47 is ubiquitous. Ill-trained law enforcement members carry them instead of a side-arm because they are so much cheaper than any pistol. Walking into any bank I am sure to be confronted by the security guy holding his AK which looks to be in a dismal state of repair and usually with the barrel pointed in the wrong direction. When I first came to Zambia the going rate for an illegal AK-47 was the price what this paper model cost. This was and still is due to all the various and sundry wars being held in too many countries in the surrounding regions of Zambia. I, as well as members of my family, have had to look down the wrong end of the barrel of an AK-47 too many times from both sides of the law. I model paper to get away from things like this not to remind me of them.