PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Kit Reviews

Old 10-17-2007, 12:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 587.2 KB
FlyModel was olive drab, but the color registration left something to be desired if I remember correctly. Same for the nose art.....
Old 10-17-2007, 07:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 12.31 MB
Hey, how about finding me one too!

I've been hoping that Halinski will update this and do a new version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansls1 View Post
Guess I'll start hunting for a copy of this one

I still think there could be some other color schemes of this plane as well...

Old 10-17-2007, 07:31 PM
Aviation Moderator

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlwhitt View Post

Well, I did send an email to Halinski asking if there were plans to reprint / recolor or update the P38 - maybe if we get a few others to do the same we might persuade them to print more
Old 10-18-2007, 05:45 AM

Don't know if they ever do reprints, but that'd be cool for those that like the older construction methods. Myself, I'd rather see them do a ground up redesign using their newest methods. Downside is I'd guess that the thing would probably have 2000 parts!

I'm not confident e-mails from the US move them significantly. Maybe if our Polish and European friends were to chime in...

Quote:
Well, I did send an email to Halinski asking if there were plans to reprint / recolor or update the P38 - maybe if we get a few others to do the same we might persuade them to print more

Old 10-18-2007, 06:49 AM
Aviation Moderator

Quote:
Don't know if they ever do reprints, but that'd be cool for those that like the older construction methods. Myself, I'd rather see them do a ground up redesign using their newest methods. Downside is I'd guess that the thing would probably have 2000 parts!

I'm not confident e-mails from the US move them significantly. Maybe if our Polish and European friends were to chime in...
Well, they did recently reprint the F117. I too would prefer a redesign.
I did get a response when asking for English instructions for the Jak-1b - but it was just asking where I got the model from and to contact them directly. I'm not sure my email will help get an updated P38 - but it certainly can't hurt
Old 10-20-2007, 08:45 AM
Aviation Moderator

Quote:

Thanks to OldTroll for finding it for sale, I just ordered one from http://model-hobby.pl/index.php?f=zb...szukiwarka=tak . Was about $25 plus shipping, ordered the Model Hobby BF-109T at the same time, so not sure what shipping would be on just the P38.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:52 AM

Thanks guys!

I've never ordered from overseas, but this looks like it will be my first trial. I was kinf eyeing their BF-109 myself anyway. Postage will be high, but I think this outfit is a little lower than some of the others I've seen over there.

Quote:
Thanks to OldTroll for finding it for sale, I just ordered one from http://model-hobby.pl/index.php?f=zb...szukiwarka=tak . Was about $25 plus shipping, ordered the Model Hobby BF-109T at the same time, so not sure what shipping would be on just the P38.

Old 10-22-2007, 09:57 AM
Aviation Moderator

Quote:
Thanks guys!

I've never ordered from overseas, but this looks like it will be my first trial. I was kinf eyeing their BF-109 myself anyway. Postage will be high, but I think this outfit is a little lower than some of the others I've seen over there.
Yeah - I ordered 2 kits, canopy, laser cut frames and wheels and shipping was right about $15 - pretty close to what I've paid when I've ordered similar amounts of product from US places. I just don't expect delivery to be near as quick
Old 10-22-2007, 11:42 AM

I showed less than $9 just for the 2 kits. Entirely reasonable from Poland - heck not bad from North America!

But I seem to have encountered a glitch - after I said to go ahead and order I expected to be prompted for payment info, but instead it said a confirming email was being sent and to go there and retrieve it. I assume this is the way they complete the transaction. But that was over 2 hrs ago and still no email. Does this track with your experience?

Quote:
Yeah - I ordered 2 kits, canopy, laser cut frames and wheels and shipping was right about $15 - pretty close to what I've paid when I've ordered similar amounts of product from US places. I just don't expect delivery to be near as quick

Old 10-22-2007, 11:45 AM
Aviation Moderator

Nope - got the email within 10 minutes - and that was on saturday. Did you check the spam filter to see if maybe it got confused?
I'm sure the extra shipping on mine was from the larger package size for the wheels and canopy